Check up on our ranger friends

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
Just putting some feeler out... after checking in on a ranger friend at craters of the moon, my gears started turning about seeing if any of our ranger contacts could use a hand with anything during this furlough period. Any thoughts?

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
I wouldn't mind lending a hand

On the RX

Rising Sun Member
What member deals with the nps? I would reach out but have no contact info or even know who we deal with.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I sent an email to Brant from the Clear Creek Ranger District, maybe Marco or somebody could check in with Boulder Rangers and see if they know anything. I called his phone too and his voice message mentioned he was furloughed due to the shutdown. He did not sound very excited on his voicemail, for obvious reasons. I don't have any of his personal contact info :( I did send him a LinkedIn message and a Facebook message though.

Last edited:

gungriffin

Rising Sun Member
It sounds like the ink is already dry on an authorization for back pay for furloughed employees once the shutdown ends. Apparently Alpine Bank and Colorado Credit Union are each offering to loan 1 months pay interest free if people find they need it. Alpine Bank is even offering to carry the loan for up to 6 months after the shutdown ends. Maybe this will be helpful for some.

Some additional help from various Denver businesses and organizations.
https://kdvr.com/2019/01/11/list-offers-for-furloughed-federal-workers-in-colorado/

subzali

Hard Core 4+
See my post in the Members Only section.