• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

charcoal canister

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So my charcoal canister has two ports on the top and one on the bottom. One of the top ports was blocked and the bottom one is blocked. I hooked up the vacuum line from the VSV to the top port (it was just sitting there but blocked off?:confused: ), and I gather the bottom one is just supposed to vent to atmosphere. Is this correct?

What are the chances my canister doesn't work? Is there a way to check? MUD can be so confusing with trying to answer simple questions like this, and since :risingsun I figured somebody here probably knows the answer.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
subzali said:
So my charcoal canister has two ports on the top and one on the bottom. One of the top ports was blocked and the bottom one is blocked. I hooked up the vacuum line from the VSV to the top port (it was just sitting there but blocked off?:confused: ), and I gather the bottom one is just supposed to vent to atmosphere. Is this correct?

What are the chances my canister doesn't work? Is there a way to check? MUD can be so confusing with trying to answer simple questions like this, and since :risingsun I figured somebody here probably knows the answer.

The top two should be #1 atmosphere and #2 from the VSV purge valve. The bottom will be a drain. Are you sure the one on the top is blocked or is it a check valve? Charcoal canisters are emission required but all they do is allow purging of excessive fuel vapors from the fuel tank.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Here's what I had yesterday, I've since hooked up the one with the white plug into the perfectly intact vacuum line running over to the VSV. The big one coming out the bottom I'm going to just vent.

Attachments

• charcoal before.jpg
    charcoal before.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,574

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
The only problem with using the bottom as atmosperic vent is it *could suck water in when you were in deep. (*could meaning might but probably not)

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So what do you do? You can't cap it right? It's supposed to vent somewhere, so where?