Carnage Canyon (Boulder) Saturday April 7th.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Howdy folks,

I am running Carnage with a few guys from Yota Tech as a shake down run from my winter mods, before going out to CM06.

Anyone who would like is welcome to run. 2 4runners and my 40 so far, just for a casual fun on the rocks.

We are meeting at 10:30am at the Starbucks at 30th and Arapahoe in Boulder. We will roll on channel 4 on the CB. The trail should last about a half day or so.

I am a newbie to rocks, so this should be quite the baptism by fire. :eek: But I am itching to push my newly installed PS.

Let me know if you want to come out.

Drew

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
Hey Drew, yeah, that would be quite the intro to rocks. Spring Creek would be another! I would join you but I will be at the Nat'l Western complex for the OHV show.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
2badfjs said:
sounds good but got plans

pssssssst drew.......saturday is the 8th :D

Jim... someone stole a whole day from me somewhere!

Drew

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Were you guys up there drew? My buddy and I ran carnage on sat, but I guess we ran it in like half an hour. My buddy broke his d44 haha d44 + 40s = :boom: Then broke his steering getting it back on the trailer.

And oh, cruiser walks gardian now that I take the right line :yeahdude:

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Yeah, we went up there on Saturday we were aired down and moving by around 10:45am.

Honestly, I had a blast! I was like this most of the time :eek: :Princess: :eek: but all in all I made it. I was the only one of 5 total rigs to escape without damage. I had a great spotter and my 40 really out shined me!

My first trail with some real rocks and it was a LOT of fun, but I still think I prefer to see some nice views and scenery instead of just banging into rocks all day long.

I can see why sliders are such a good idea now... no damage but I had to watch it... A LOT!

Here is a few...

Attachments

• Wheeling pics Carnage 06 005.jpg resize.jpg
    Wheeling pics Carnage 06 005.jpg resize.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 343
  • Wheeling pics Carnage 06 007.jpg
    Wheeling pics Carnage 06 007.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 323
  • Wheeling pics Carnage 06 012.jpg resize.jpg
    Wheeling pics Carnage 06 012.jpg resize.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 312

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
My girlfriend also got some great video of our trip... especially when you are almost at the top and you have that set of HUGE rocks and you need to make a hard right and then an immediate left to slide through, do you know where I am talking about? We got some fun footage of that area and my short wheelbase 40 just walked through.

The other trucks:

One broken slider (4runner)
One dented and creased 1/4 panel (Taco)
One smoked clutch (Taco)
One broken washer bottle pump (smashed it on a rock)... each a different truck.

Guess I got lucky.

Drew

yeah you are talking about the waterfall, I normally go right there, somtimes I make it, others I don't. Didn't make it on sat, destroyed my parking break instead, got to make a skid.

me giving the devil horns

devilhorns.JPG

Macks ride

macksride.JPG

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
So Ric broke his slider? I understand he was leading the run.

Ric

So Ric broke his slider? I understand he was leading the run.
nope, on saturday, i did snap the washer fliud, bumped a rock and the thing just poured water like crazy, lol. oh, no i didnt lead on saturday.
Then on Sunday, a rock did remove my fender flare on the drivers side. that trail would be a blast if it was always packed, lol
heres about the only pic of the fender flare i got.
IMG_0183.jpg

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Ric-

Man, that was a fun time, Ric can attest to my :Princess: tendencies on the trail.

Zach, that thing is looking awesome! I dig your rig, your no longer using it as a DD are you?

Rezarf <><

Yeah drew, it is getting there. Works awsome. Ordered some new seats on monday, hope they get here tomarrow so I can get them tied in. 21 road and billings next weekend :)

Nah I don't dd it anymore, just work on it. Way to spendy to drive anyway. mazdog takes driving duties

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
bustanutley said:
Yeah drew, it is getting there. Works awsome. Ordered some new seats on monday, hope they get here tomarrow so I can get them tied in. 21 road and billings next weekend :)

Nah I don't dd it anymore, just work on it. Way to spendy to drive anyway. mazdog takes driving duties

21 Road, I have read about that one in an offroad magazine, where is that one exactly? I have heard it is pretty burly, let me know how it compares to Carnage once you have run it. Carnage is my new difficulty gauge.

Thanks Zach!

Drew

AxleIke

Hard Core 4+
21 and billings are going to be a bit above carnage drew...pics look good guys, and drew is lying, he likes the rocks a whole lot more than he likes the flowers.