• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Caravan for Kids - toy drive run on Slaughterhouse.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Not sure if anyone normally posts a toy drive for this or not? But I'd like to share a run I'm planning in November for LOT, all are welcome to join!! Details:

Updated info: Trail changed to Yankee Hill outside of Central City.
Meeting at the parking area next to Loaf n Jug in Golden : 102 N Rubey Dr, Golden, CO 80403
At 11AM.
If you gas up at the Loaf n Jug, then please park in the adjacent area after you are done to keep the station clear of our traffic. (See screenshot attached). Bring your FRS/GMRS radios.

There's a killer bagel place right next door called Big Daddy Bagels, if you'd like to show up a little early.

🧸🪀Don't forget your unwrapped NEW TOY DONATION for the Caravan for Kids! 💝🎅🤶

This snow storm has turned out Trail run into a Snow Fest!! We will be caravaning up to Yankee Hill outside of Central City. We will head up to the large flat spot that is right before the first big obstacle hill. Once here, we will have a fun play in the snow day! Snow angels, & building snow men, & snowball fights, oh my! ❄️⛄☃️ Sleds & tubes will be fun too! 🛷❄️❄️ If anyone wants to attempt climbing up the chute and rocky section, we can practice snow recoveries. 🤣
Bring hot cocoa & wear lots of layers! I'll have a selection of cookies for everyone to enjoy while burning calories playing in the snow.
Central City is expecting snow accumulation of 8-10" with this storm!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1665857418225.jpg
    FB_IMG_1665857418225.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20221117-081640_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20221117-081640_Maps.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Not sure if anyone normally posts a toy drive for this or not? But I'd like to share a run I'm planning in November for LOT, all are welcome to join!! Details:

I'll be leading a Slaughterhouse run on November 19th.
!!BRING A TOY!! We are going to have a fun day on the trail, the only requirement for you to attend is a toy donation for the Caravan for Kids.
We will meet at Loaf n Jug on Bulldogger Rd in Bailey at 10am.
the trail has a little something for everyone. 4 wheel drive required, but stock vehicles will do just fine.
Awesome! Wish I could be there. I’ll be bathing in tacos and race gas fumes.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
will Slaughterhouse still be open that late in the month?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
right. I was thinking about more "historically"
Gotcha, well last year there was no snow until January. This year may be different. If this one isn't going to be doable there's other trails. 😁

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I am definitely interested in attending if there is still room.

Always room for more! I'll keep this thread updated if the trail changes.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
@Yarn Runner and I are a definite maybe hopefully for this

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
I'll be heading up likely Wednesday to check trail conditions & make final decision if this trail will be good for Saturday. So if anyone is available, or interested in taking a hookie day, let me know.

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
We will be in Moab or we would love to join! Next year

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Another maybe. I'm solo with my son, so need to convince him to go wheeling...

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Ok. With a prospective 5"+ of snow in Bailey from these two snow storms this week, I'd rather not turn an easy fun day into a potential safety issue, or a recovery fest. So I'll be scouting another trail Wednesday (today). I'll let you all know the outcome & details for the meeting location for this Saturdays run as soon as I have it pinned down. Thank you for your patience. And if anyone has the day off, let me know if you'd like to come scouting. I will be meeting one of my friends in Golden around 10/11am.

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member
Also, forgot to add, there is a Jeep group going out to Slaughterhouse on Saturday that I know about. It sounded like a wonderful place for a royal cluster if anything went wrong.

NotyourmomsWife

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
we will be getting ready to head to Texas for a week so won't be able to make it :( BUT I would still like to donate a toy for the cause! when is the deadline to get that to you? @VoodooBlue_Vixen

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member