• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Canyonlands? April 8-13

gretathegreenlx470

Brand New
This is a long shot, but anyone planning a Canyonlands trip (White Rim or Maze) around April 8-13 with space for one more rig?

The group I was joining fell apart, but my friend is still flying in. Flexible for a different plan too!

IG: gretathegreenlx470

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
not a great week for this crew here, as most will be headed there the following week for Cruise Moab. However if you know what you're doing/where to go why not just reserve a different spot? Looks like you could piece together some Devil's Kitchen/Bobby's Hole trip within those dates. Also looks like there are spots in the Maze available also. Maybe not the best spots but it's still Canyonlands so still pretty good.

gretathegreenlx470

Brand New
not a great week for this crew here, as most will be headed there the following week for Cruise Moab. However if you know what you're doing/where to go why not just reserve a different spot? Looks like you could piece together some Devil's Kitchen/Bobby's Hole trip within those dates. Also looks like there are spots in the Maze available also. Maybe not the best spots but it's still Canyonlands so still pretty good.

Yea I’ve done White Rim before but I’m not comfortable enough doing the Maze in a solo rig with no cell service. I saw some spots open, but looking for others with a bit more experience to join if I go that route.

Thanks for the other suggestions too though! I’ll look into it

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
As you know White Rim, I saw on their site that the Shaffer switchbacks are closed right now due to "winter conditions." I don't recall seeing that before? So I wonder if it's just a little snowbank, or if a big section is washed out or something...

Agreed on not doing the Maze solo! lack of cell service is easy enough to augment with something more satellite-friendly, but still there's just no substitute for another vehicle. hopefully someone else can go, perfect time of year to get out there weather-wise.

dehru

Wincher
It’s on my bucket list. I am planning to do White Rim this fall. Mid-October.

I hope you can put together a trip.