• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Can someone take over leading?: 2021 40's only run August 21st

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
This is for FJ40, FJ43's, FJ45s, BJ4X variants

Date: August 21st, meet up in Rollinsville at 9AM. Date change due to Overland Expo and Bronco game :)

Running Kingston Peak again this year.

Comms:
  • HAM 147.420
  • FRS Channel 22
In 2015, the group also had an optional camping spot in Barbour Fork I don't plan on camping so if you want post up and coordinate the camping option

We will meet at the turn off of Hwy 119 and Rollins Pass (3 miles south of Nederland which is due west of Boulder), let's just stack up where the pic shows below.
1620615781997.png

Last edited:

mulebarn

Rising Sun Member
Hey @Romer perhaps I can be at the top again in my air conditioned 200 handing out popsicles from the freezer. :)

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Fun run! bummed I can't make it though, already booked at an event that weekend.

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
I'm supposed to be working that weekend, so I'll have to see if I can get a couple days off. Would be nice to make it up that way again this year....

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
I'm in... And in for camping both Friday and Saturday night as its a 4 hour trip to the trailhead each way for me now. August 21 should work fine.

Last edited:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I apologize to those that already blocked this off, but I changed the date to a week earlier due tothe Overland Expo being that same weekend and Bronco game

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Sweet! Putting this on the calendar, thanks! Hopfully will be able to camp on Friday night also,

IMG_2049.JPG

PWCO70cruiser

Lifted
I'm trying to get it changed...hopefully I can. Supposed to work that weekend as well. But I did try and adjust my leave the week earlier, and would be camping.

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Just found out today from my daughter, Rachel, that Barbour Fork is closed to camping this year due to it getting trashed last summer. (n) I'll look into some other alternative camping sites and appreciate any input from others for possible sites. Looking to have several 40's from Southern CO join us on this run.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Dave where we camped last year is probably where we'll camp again... towards the top of Mammoth Gulch. You can see a map if you look at last year's run thread, but you've been up there before- anywhere around that big puddle that's no longer a puddle is the spot. looks like this:

IMG_2034.jpg

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Tim! Got it! Looks like 39°51'35.70"N 105°37'40.95"W.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
bump to the top. 20 days away

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
My Uncle passed away this morning and the funeral is scheduled for next Saturday during this run. Can someone else take over leading the run?