• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Can anyone recommend a solid mechanic for the following job?

white wings

Hard Core 4+
My 200 series has started the cam chain actuator tick and I don't like noises! Looks to be a 10-12 hour book job to replace a $29 part (and then all the seals afterwards). I do not have the garage space to get this done at my house and I have zero time to do this myself.

Open to ideas other than the dealership preferably north of I-70

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Agreed Matt, but they are booked for weeks, maybe months? (Was just talking to Amory about some work)

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Exactly, I was hoping someone on this forum may want some side work.
You could try Japanese Auto, but this is work that dealership technicians are all familiar with. Not as Landcruiser specific as other jobs.

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
2001lc on ih8mud is Paul who is a local 100/200 mechanic. I will pm you his number.

ChewBaca

Rising Sun Member
Hey Daniel, Do you know if he works on 1st Gen Sequoias? It looks like both my valve cover gaskets need replacing. If he does can you send me his # as well.

Thx,

DanielChase

Rising Sun Member
Hey Daniel, Do you know if he works on 1st Gen Sequoias? It looks like both my valve cover gaskets need replacing. If he does can you send me his # as well.

Thx,
I’ve never seen or heard of him accepting a job that wasn’t a 100 or 200, so probably not not. He’s usually booked out a ways anyway but can often squeeze in local trucks, provided they are 100/200. He’s pretty in demand so he is able to be picky.

white wings

Hard Core 4+
This guy loves working on Sequoias and v8 cruiser's of all generations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323-183434_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323-183434_Facebook.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 44