• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Cameron Peak Fire 2020

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
I am starting a Calwood Fire thread because its so close to us

rover67

Rising Sun Member
1602991316429.png

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
I saw that, too. I wondered if that's real or an artifact of the IR imaging they do overnight but it persisted two days so it's a real hot spot. That's getting close to the antenna site up there, which has a few broadcast and two-way stations. On the up side the ones housed in the old Buckhorn Mt. Long Lines building should be OK, it was designed to survive a nuclear war after all.

View attachment 89667

It was real unfortunately, and is now fully developed. They are evacuating south bay horsetooth. In response.

Multiple spot fires in Masonville area that are also developing rapidly. Winds pretty strong and shifting in our area. Have heard zero aircraft today - hope the wind will cooperate with them.

I think we will see the fire in devils backbone tonight or tomorrow. We will see what happens when it is in the grass.

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Whoever wheeled storm mountain this year got the last look at it unscorched. North half went up Friday, rest today.

nuclearlemon

Hard Core 4+
horsetooth 4wheelers will need all the help they can get in labor and in information on how to work with the f.s. after a fire as all of their trails are affected. anyone who was in the loop after hayman might reach out to reed or the other officers