• ColoYota Expo: swap meet + show and shine. Saturday, May 11 from 10 am - 2 pm
    Get Details & Register Now!
    . Only $5 to attend (no additional charge to participate in the swap meet).

Hey Guest, we need volunteers to help run the event. Please sign up here.

Broken seat in the latte mobile...

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
So, the :Princess: decided to "kung fu" her DS seat the other day and broke off the recline button from the seat controls. Ok, actually she just hit it with her knee but the "kung fu" sounds better.

I perused MUD for fix ideas and came up pretty empty except for one thread. Saw Nakman had posted up in that thread so maybe others here have had the same problem and have found a fix :confused:

For those that haven't looked at this particular piece, there are two plastic "rods" coming out of the seat that the knob pushes onto. The lower one is the pivot point and the top one move forward and aft to control the recline function. It is the top one that broke off in my case.

I checked on parts cost and I'm looking at around $150+ all said and done :eek:. It is ~$122 for the entire switch assembly dealyo, ~$13 for the bezel (which I'm told is sure to break when you go to remove it), and ~$5 or so for the "knob" that is only available in black now :(

I'm thinking of trying to epoxy the sucker back on and hope for the best. Anyone have any success repairing this part? If I try to expoxy the thing it may make the button useless (i.e. immobile) :rolleyes:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
What did I say? How long ago? Sorry I don't remember anything.. did my seat break? :confused:

Post up a pic of the offending part, we'll fix it.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
What did I say? How long ago? Sorry I don't remember anything.. did my seat break? :confused:

Post up a pic of the offending part, we'll fix it.

Hmmm...I went back and found the thread --> http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/1953-broke-recliner-switch-my-driverside-seat.html that I could have swore you posted up in. You're not there now :hill:

For the life of me now I can't find the post I thought I saw your name in :confused: - I probably dreamed that you had come up with a fix since you seem to always come up with something :hill:

I'll try to get a pic or two in the next couple days and post it up. Luckily the recline function isn't critical for day to day use.