Bring-A-Trailer Bring a Trailer highlight thread

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I sure wish you were the one bringing it home @shellb. I was rooting for you!

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
When someone asked what the cost of the build was, Nolen replied that it was about $0.33 on the dollar. That's too bad :(
Further down in the comments he said the build was roughly $150k parts and labor.

I don’t have the cash to play such games so this is just me dreaming: looking at the painted over bolt heads and mirror arms kind of hurt. great build, but I’m a little OCD.

unimogguy

New-ish
Further down in the comments he said the build was roughly $150k parts and labor.

I don’t have the cash to play such games so this is just me dreaming: looking at the painted over bolt heads and mirror arms kind of hurt. great build, but I’m a little OCD.
Nolan said on BAT his labor hours (200+) weren’t figured in to the $150k and neither were some of the other high end parts used. He said “I don’t think the transmission and transfer cases, locked axles, winch, bumpers, power steering or tires and wheels made the posted receipts either.” The $150k figure also didn’t include the ~$25k purchase price either.

Which means the truck was ~$200k?!?!?

Here’s the original for sale ad:

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
This one ends today. My favorite year and color combo. 😍 the stripes. let's see how high it goes.

1978_toyota_land-cruiser-fj40_1978_toyota_land-cruiser-fj40_42198585-c69e-4639-b2e5-ab196486c6...jpg

shellb

Hard Core 4+
Only $68k - looks like some of these prices are coming down to earth. The listing said only 24k miles on the clock.

I personally think that is a lot of money...

Nice rig and coming to CO by the looks of it, but maybe I'm getting a bit more disciplined in my valuations.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
1994 Hilux Surf Turbo Diesel

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
5 speed LHD 100 series

I dream about a 5 speed and 2uz in the 80.

It's a reverse mullet 100 series - all party in front (1HD diesel and 5 speed) and business in the back (luxury leather interior). Got some rusty rockers and looks like it's lived a little in its 95K miles. Cool truck.

simps80

Rising Sun Member
Their ad writing isn’t the best but that’s a high quality build honestly represented and worth its salt

Hope you get what it deserves Ken

VoodooBlue_Vixen

Rising Sun Member

mcgaskins

Rising Sun Member
This super clean truck belongs to a friend. I don’t know anything about it, but it sure looks nice!

Corbet

RS Moderator
Staff member
The car I nearly had in Highschool. Missed it by 36 hours because my dad was out of town on business. Can’t say it does much for me at this point in life. Would have been cool back then.

IMG_0752.jpeg