Brake Master Cylinder

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
What/where is the best place to get an after market Master Cylinder for my 94' LC. Toyota no longer makes them, Yes it has ABS.

KC Masterpiece

Hard Core 4+
Not sure about a cylinder but I just replaced my booster with an aftermarket from Cruiser Corps. Works great. Brakes are better than they have ever been. I think they have master cylinders as well.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Rockauto?

that'swhatshesaid

Rising Sun Member
Not sure about a cylinder but I just replaced my booster with an aftermarket from Cruiser Corps. Works great. Brakes are better than they have ever been. I think they have master cylinders as well.
Swapped mine out too thinking it would solve it....

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
Thanks, I'll take a look!
Cruiser Outfitters/CruiserTeq typically has a Toyota branded option as well as an OE option for every part. Even the parts Toyota doesn't offer, their original supplier is still making the thing, they just grind the TEQ logo off the casting and box it up for sale. They seem to have direct relationships with the suppliers and are pretty vocal on Mud about their sourcing. In other words Cruiser Outfitters/CruiserTeq sells Toyota-quality parts (because they're made by the original manufacturer) with a chain of trust that I feel more comfortable with than RockAuto.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
I replaced the master cylinder (and every other soft part of the brake system) on my '94 within the past year.

Rockauto carries the Advics (that's the new Toyota Keiretsu brake supplier, formerly Aisin brakes) BMT-068. $77.79 is what I paid. For an ABS FZJ80.

Can't go wrong with Cruiser Outfitters at all though. If I didn't have a discount code to have used at Rockauto last summer I would have called up Kurt's folk.

Dan