Brake Idea & Question

gahi

Trail Ready
I used to post here a little when I was working on my Father in laws fj40. Its been long enough that I either forgot my username/password, or I got purged. Anyway, I build hotrods and like to stick with drum brakes front and rear. I want to try and adapt a set of fj40 brakes to a 1940 ford front end. Does anyone have a set they'd be willing to let go for next to nothing? Maybe you've converted yours to discs. Any ideas about this setup. The reason it came to mind is the old ford brakes were not self energizing. the shoes pivot off one point so there is not consistent contact all the way around. The dual wheel cylinder system seems to work pretty well. thanks

Gary

gahi

Trail Ready
Just thought this would be a good place to start. Had it bookmarked. I'm trying to get my own Business off the ground, been at it for a year, GH Industries. Right now I'm working out of other peoples shops, as I only have a 1 car garage at home. Hopefully in the near future I'll have my own space. The damn excavaters snatch up all the shops around here to keep their trucks warm. thanks for the link,

Gary

I can sell mine cheap after I convert To disc soon