• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Brake booster/pedal issues... after swap.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
Howdy everyone,

Well, as the story goes, one week before Moab, I am having some issues getting a new to me booster to act right in my 76 fj40. I scrounged a booster from a mid 80's minitruck and bolted it up instead of the old one.

Now, my pedal is nearly at the end of the booster travel right as the lights come on. I know I have NO play between the rod and master cylinder, I can literally feel the brakes are on before I even step on them.

I know I can adjust the rod on the booster that connects to the pedal arm, but that is only going to get me a half inch or 3/4" at best.

Any ideas of what to look for? Am I missing anything?It seems like I need to space the booster off of the firewall, but I am not sure if that is a good idea.

FWIW, I did not bleed the system because I never removed a hard line. Could this make a difference?

Clueless, thanks! :D

Rezarf <><