• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Bounce School Rd/T-33A Plane Crash Sunday 7/12

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Fubuki and I are planning a run on this Sunday 7/12. We will be going up to School Bounce Road and T-33A Plane Crash. Both of these are new to me so I will research and post up a meeting location. For info on the trails go to traildamage.com

Planning on meeting in the area around 10:30-11.

Post up if you know anything about these trails and/or if you would like to join us.

Tch2fly

Rising Sun Member
Fubuki and I are planning a run on this Sunday 7/12. We will be going up to School Bounce Road and T-33A Plane Crash. Both of these are new to me so I will research and post up a meeting location. For info on the trails go to traildamage.com

Planning on meeting in the area around 10:30-11.

Post up if you know anything about these trails and/or if you would like to join us.

That's great run .. I wish I was going to be in town.

Not difficult, (as Matt said below) Bunce is just a dirt road... the Crash Site trail has just a few rocky spots but it is a tight fit through the trees for an 80 or 100 getting near the crash site.

At the crash site make the hike down the hill and try to find the engine:D

Last edited:

Jacket

RS Moderator
Staff member
Bunce is just a dirt road; not much entertainment there. You might consider adding the Ironclads route to your trip if you are looking for more fun. There's a few fun obstacles including a long, steep, loose hill climb that can be entertaining.

We'll be in Yellowstone this weekend, otherwise I'd join you.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Bunce is just a dirt road; not much entertainment there. You might consider adding the Ironclads route to your trip if you are looking for more fun. There's a few fun obstacles including a long, steep, loose hill climb that can be entertaining.

Good point: Dirt roads are for minivans!

We will be adding Ironclads..........

We ran this last year, there are couple of small obsticles the most challenging part is getting through the trees with a full size vehicle. Last time we went up a Suburban had made it but there running boads took some tree bark. The trail is short, you should have plenty of time to do Iron Clads which has a couple of bigger obsticles to play on.

Here was our pictures from last trip...
http://www.expeditioncolorado.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62

Have fun!:cheers:

Not sure if it is still an issue now but i heard a few years back a few locals dump nails all over the place up there and not all got picked up. But i do know there has been a lot of people there since but may want to watch those tires. This is one i want to do. Wish i could make it with you. Your having to much fun with the 40....

Squishy!

Rising Sun Member
What time are you meeting? I might like to go.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
10:30 at the south end of Bounce School Rd. just down the road from the T-33A entrance.

Bikeman

Hard Core 4+
We may go with a Heep in tow.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Our plan is to meet on the South side of Bounce or Bunce school road by 10:30

Jay/Fubuki can you swing by the house 8:25?

Mike/Bikeman we can meet you at the King Soopers parking lot at the corner of University/Lincoln and HRP/Colorado at 8:30 and convoy from the Ranch. We can meet Greg, the Jeep dude, somewhere along C470 if that works out better for him.

fubuki

Our plan is to meet on the South side of Bounce or Bunce school road by 10:30

Jay/Fubuki can you swing by the house 8:25?

Mike/Bikeman we can meet you at the King Soopers parking lot at the corner of University/Lincoln and HRP/Colorado at 8:30 and convoy from the Ranch. We can meet Greg, the Jeep dude, somewhere along C470 if that works out better for him.

Can do.

pmccumber

Hard Core 4+
I did both a few weeks ago. They had the top closed off on IronClads. Don't know if it is permanent or not. I thought the plane crash was pretty tough but I'm pretty much a rook on these things. Tough only because you needed a lot of spotting. I've heard some say that the trail has gotten much worse over the years. I do know that Wells has only two trails rated tougher in the Northern Colorado book. I'd be anxious to hear what you think.

I'm going to be at Beaver Res at 7:30am and run up to "the lake". But I'm gonna hike Sawtooth tomorrow. Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome.

Paul