• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Boulder Ranger District OHV Grant Applications - Letters of Support - Due 12/2

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Team - I received the message below from the Boulder County Ranger District today. Looks like once again they will need our support. Please review the message and provide any support you can.

I hope this finds you all well and safe. I am writing to inform that the Boulder Ranger District will again be applying for two Colorado Parks and Wildlife State OHV Grants this year. The first is for equipment and education/enforcement staffing for a two-person trail crew. The second is to fund the Lefthand Motorized Roads and Trails Planning Process. I have attached these applications for your reference.

As you may recall, we submitted these grants last year. The feedback we received was that these were scored well, but we were still unsuccessful. Despite this, some funding has opened up and we have been working with the State OHV program to receive partial funding for both grants in the upcoming year, we have not been obligated funds or a contract at this time. Therefore, we will be submitting the same grant requests as last year (with some tweaks).

This is where we need your help, through letters of support and public comment (when that time comes). We are looking for 3 clubs (for each grant application or for both) to write letters of support that we can submit as part of the application package next week. We’ll also be seeking additional letters from a combination of County Commissioners, Sheriff’s Offices, and Watershed groups. I believe we had a great combination of support letters last year, so lets strive for the same.

If your club wants to write a support letter, please return to me or Matt Cowan no later than 12/2. Any additional letters that we receive, above the maximum of 3 from clubs, we will be asking for you to submit directly during the public comment period.

Here are the links to last year’s grants for previous great letters of support, if you are looking for what to write:

1. Boulder Ranger District OHV Crew 2021
  2. Lefthand Motorized Roads Trails 2021
Thanks so much in advance, please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

matt

Matt Henry
Recreation Program Manager
Forest Service
Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests &
Pawnee National Grassland
Boulder Ranger District
p: 303-541-2510
cell: 720-576-9232
matthew.henry@usda.gov
2140 Yarmouth Avenue
Boulder, CO 80501
www.fs.fed.us
Caring for the land and serving people

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
I can write this tonight and post it. I’ll use our last one for inspiration. Drives me nutz that we have this little notice.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Yeah, I don't understand their timing, we got this email from them literally at like 3pm Wednesday :rolleyes:

I think things are like off till they are on then it's full blast.

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
number 1 - I changed some wording up, but plagiarized 75% of it from last year. feel free to read and let me know. @Outlander40 I'll depend on you to submit the final draft. number 2 coming up.

Attachments

• Letter 1.docx
    175.4 KB · Views: 197

jps8460

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Number 2

Attachments

• Letter 2.docx
    172.2 KB · Views: 194

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Number 2 reads very well to me. I'm GO.

@Outlander40 You good to submit today?

Thanks a lot Jackson for knocking this out by the slim deadline.

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Number 2 reads very well to me. I'm GO.

@Outlander40 You good to submit today?

Thanks a lot Jackson for knocking this out by the slim deadline.
I read through to last night and thought it read well. I have submitted to Matt at the BRD. Thank you all for putting that together.