Boulder County: 2022-2023 CPW OHV Grant - Letters of Support

Heritage40

Rising Sun Member
Good Morning all!

The Boulder County Ranger District is once again asking for our support in crafting a Letter of Support for their grant application for additional fund for the OHV Crew. Please see his note below. I think this would be a good thing for us to get behind and show our support toward, I believe we have supported this in the past.

"We are again writing to inform you all that the Boulder Ranger District will be applying for another year of an OHV Crew through the Colorado Parks and Wildlife State OHV Grant in 2023. This will once again be asking for a maintenance, education, enforcement two-person OHV Crew. I have attached the DRAFT application for your reference.

As you may recall, this will be our third CPW OHV Grant application submittal and if successful we can apply for the “Good Management Crew” status in 2024!

This is where we need your help yet again, through letters of support and public comment (when that time comes). We are looking for 3 clubs to write letters of support that we can submit as part of the application package. I have attached a few examples again, but hopefully you all still have your previous versions that you can utilize. We’ll also be seeking additional letters from a combination of County Commissioners, Sheriff’s Offices, and Watershed groups. You all have done a great job in the past with providing these letters and we will be hoping for a similar result again this year!

If your club wants to write a support letter, please return to me no later than 11/5, so I can button this up before I leave this position. Any additional letters that we receive, above the maximum of 3 from clubs, we will be asking for you to submit directly to CPW during the public comment period for these grant applications. We will provide that info at a later date.

Thanks again for your continued support for the Boulder Ranger District and let me know if you have any questions!"

Question: Do we have a template or pre-drafted letter for such occassions?

Thank you

Aaron