• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Bolt on gear puller, might be a bearing puller

IanB

I need the kind of gear puller that I can bolt to my t-case to yank it away from the tranny. Its tighter than a (graphic metaphor deleted)! Anyone have one I can borrow for an hour? :flamingo:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
IanB said:
I need the kind of gear puller that I can bolt to my t-case to yank it away from the tranny. Its tighter than a (graphic metaphor deleted)! Anyone have one I can borrow for an hour? :flamingo:

I think I have just what the doctor ordered....you gonna be home tomorrow? :hill:

IanB

Yeah all day till 4, gone Wed and Thurs.

If you swing by I can pull it on the spot, will take maybe 5 minutes. You rule :fing:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
Even after you borrow Kevin's I suggest getting yourself a couple of pullers to have around. My favorite is the big 7 ton two jaw Craftsman, good for everything from t-case to pitman arms.

IanB

I have 3 pullers, none of them bolt on however. Hmmm, this may justify a trip to Sears though.... :hill:

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
IanB said:
I have 3 pullers, none of them bolt on however. Hmmm, this may justify a trip to Sears though.... :hill:
The 2 jaw doesn't bolt on, the jaws can grab inside or outside depending on which way you put them on. For the t-case, you orient them so they grab the inside edges of the hole where the tranny output shaft sticks through, and put the center onto the indent in the end of the shaft.