Body damage at last....

Well, I thought I would run up to harris park and do some shooting this afternoon. I didn't get very far. About a 1/4 mile up the trail there are 2 guys stuck in the middle of the road.There were some deep slushy drifts over a layer of ice. I wasn't going to get around them so I start backing down the trail. Right about then a guy in a geo metro comes up behind me as I'm backing down. So I get out and tell him he's not getting through and to go back. So he proceeds to back up right off the trail and get really stuck where the trail falls off. Damnit.. So I tell him and his boy to hop in and run them back to their house to get a strap and try and yank them out. Well we didn't have much length on the strap so I didn't have much choice where to yank from. The trail was off camber right there so the first yank throws my ass end of the trail too. Awesome.. About then the two guys up the trail come down and say lets get the first two trucks up the trail unstuck then they'll come down and yank us out. Ok fine. We get them out. Then its my turn. We chained the back end of the truck to a uphill tree so it wouldn't go farther down the hill. And yanked from the front with a strap around another tree to hopefully pull me back on the trail. The problem was a thick aspen about against the drivers door. Got it on the first yank, but managed to put a good dent in the hard top, crack the drivers side hardtop window, and pop the rivets holding the fiberglass roof on, and bitch up a mirror. Adds a good look I think. I then yanked the first guy back up and all four trucks backed down. So I got 1/4 mile in 3 hours and didn't fire a shot..At least I got out of the house..
PIC-0025.jpg

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
That's a drag man, sorry about the damage. :eek:

I have spare hardtop glass if you need it. :thumb:

Evrgrnmtnman

Trail Ready
Saw a FJ40 like that in Idaho Springs!

subzali

Hard Core 4+
And at least you didn't roll your truck! That's a nasty dropoff! :eek:

And at least you didn't roll your truck! That's a nasty dropoff! :eek:

Actually, I could feel it start to tip. That's a shady climb out the passenger door :hill:

Martin, thanks for the offer of the glass, but I doubt I will repair it because it's just cracked and I'm begining to hate the hard top anyways. I may just go soft top/ bikini in the spring