Birthing panel in Moab

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Dang, did you guys see this one?
EA004D43-F535-437C-9395-3EF77E22E6B7.jpeg

Someone defaced a petroglyph. So sad on so many levels. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/racist-message-found-on-ancient-utah-petroglyph/ar-BB1g7oHD

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I saw it yesterday. It makes me both angry and sad. I just wonder if the person who did this has the ability to comprehend basic thoughts beyond "me hungry, want food" and "doing this to piss off the libtards."

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
"The person who graffitied the racist message had to cross out their first attempt after misspelling the word “white.”"

I've been sitting here for 5 min, and I have nothing constructive to say. These people are garbage, and this is why we can't have nice things.

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
"The person who graffitied the racist message had to cross out their first attempt after misspelling the word “white.”"

I've been sitting here for 5 min, and I have nothing constructive to say. These people are garbage, and this is why we can't have nice things.

Clearly, they are displaying their superior intelligence.

Firetacoma

This makes me so angry I'm shaking. What can even be done to "fix" the damage? Removing the graffiti would destroy the original artwork but leaving it there doesn't seem like an option either.

Acts like this only lead to more closures and fences. People suck.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I was just in the Swell last weekend and stood in front of the pictographs in Buckhorn Wash for about 30 minutes, mouth agape. That kind of stuff is just mind numbingly incredible for me. I can’t even wrap my mind around the thought process it would take to deface something like that, let alone to deface it with white supremacist garbage.

My question is this: is there any clean-up or preservation program or fund started yet? I’d happily donate to that cause if it gets organized.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I was just in the Swell last weekend and stood in front of the pictographs in Buckhorn Wash for about 30 minutes, mouth agape. That kind of stuff is just mind numbingly incredible for me. I can’t even wrap my mind around the thought process it would take to deface something like that, let alone to deface it with white supremacist garbage.

My question is this: is there any clean-up or preservation program or fund started yet? I’d happily donate to that cause if it gets organized.
The BLM usually discourages outside help (beyond the groups they already work with anyway) in restoration since despite the good intention it's easy to create more issues and damage. It'll be cleaned up ASAP, probably directly by the BLM.

Donations and watching for volunteer opportunities would be helpful, watch the groups that coordinate archeological efforts, such as the Utah Cultural Site Steward Program.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
The BLM usually discourages outside help (beyond the groups they already work with anyway) in restoration since despite the good intention it's easy to create more issues and damage. It'll be cleaned up ASAP, probably directly by the BLM.

Donations and watching for volunteer opportunities would be helpful, watch the groups that coordinate archeological efforts, such as the Utah Cultural Site Steward Program.

Good stuff, thank you. I figured the BLM would involve only top-level professionals, but with the budgets for the Forest Service and BLM being what they were I thought perhaps a fundraiser would pop up. I’ll check out those links.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
Good stuff, thank you. I figured the BLM would involve only top-level professionals, but with the budgets for the Forest Service and BLM being what they were I thought perhaps a fundraiser would pop up. I’ll check out those links.
You're not alone. Hopefully it increases donations and volunteer so the process they have in place gets much needed help. While this one is high visibility it's far from the only rock art that's been or will be vandalized in the future, unfortunately.