• TONIGHT! UPDATED LOCATION DUE TO RAIN FORECAST: MAY 2024 CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: The next RS meeting will be Wednesday, May 1, 2024 at 7:30 p.m. The meeting will be held indoors at the fabulous Golden Gate Canyon Grange. Click here for directions. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.

⦿ If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Bill Moore Lake Sunday 7/5

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
I'm probably in.

That's the spirit, get back up on that horse......

I have my kids today until tomorrow morning at 9am so I plan on heading out after that.

That put's us in Empire by 10:30-11ish.....keep in mind there will be allot of traffic on I-70 Sunday afternoon so if you have to get back early.....not gonna happen.

I just joined the forum and am interested in doing this trip.

Is anyone bringing a kid with them? It's always worked out for us since there is usually enough stopping on a group run, and I have my daughter trained to quickly hop right back in the truck. Just don't want to offend anyone.

Paul

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Welcome! Kids & families are always welcome.

We may be interested in going on this too if I don't hear back from my kids reference another run. Where are you planning to meet and at what time? I've never done this run before, what can we expect as far as obstacles and terrain?

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
I just joined the forum and am interested in doing this trip.

Is anyone bringing a kid with them? It's always worked out for us since there is usually enough stopping on a group run, and I have my daughter trained to quickly hop right back in the truck. Just don't want to offend anyone.

Paul

Paul, this group is all about family and having a good safe time on the trail.

Let's plan on meeting at the trail head at 10:30-10:45.

Steve

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Randy, I have never run this trail so it will be new to me as well. Trail Damage rates it a 4.

Fubuki....do you want to ride up from HR?

Chris

Hard Core 4+
A rating of 4 is about right. I ran it yesterday with some of the Front Range 4x4 folks. Just be careful when you reach the 'mud pit' which is harder than in the past. Here's what can happen if you're not.

Attachments

• Bill Moore plus July 09 018.jpg
    Bill Moore plus July 09 018.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 172

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
Where is the trail head meet up spot and what time do you plan to be there? If I'm not there by the time you are ready to head out, don't wait on me.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Sure. I'll need directions though. I don't think I remember exactly where it is.

9724 Chanteclair Circle.....you said you had a GPS, correct?

Head east on HR Parkway go through Broadway, turn right at the second light (Ranch Rd.), take the fourth right (Chanteclair Circle) and I am the seventh house on the right.

LXBRADY

Hard Core 4+
Where is the trail head meet up spot and what time do you plan to be there? If I'm not there by the time you are ready to head out, don't wait on me.

I-70 to I-40 (which is the exit to go to Winter Park) to the town of Empire. Turn right at the center of town, I think there is a gas station on the corner. The trail head is about mile down this road.....I will be in the 40. I will look for you along the way.

fubuki

9724 Chanteclair Circle.....you said you had a GPS, correct?

Head east on HR Parkway go through Broadway, turn right at the second light (Ranch Rd.), take the fourth right (Chanteclair Circle) and I am the seventh house on the right.

Got it. See you at 9am tomorrow.

This was a fun trip, and it was good to meet several members of the club. I look forward to going on other runs.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC06950.jpg
    DSC06950.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 125

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
We ran it on Saturday 7/18. Lots of mosquitos! The 'mud pit' is an eyesore.