Bill Moore Lake August 12

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee
Call this run "Noah and the 3 Lexus's" (Noah and the 3 Lexi?)

The Rising Sun Rally "Easy" run up to Bill Moore Lake on Sunday August 12 was a blast. We ended up with 4 trucks, me and a buddy in my LX 80, Brandon in his LX 80, Ricardo and his son and cousin(?) in his LX 100 and Noah and his son in his pickup. The weather was beautiful, the hiking was awesome, and the trail was a lot of fun. Thanks to all for participating, can't wait for the next run!

All pics are at http://www.timmandstacy.com/081207/index.html but here are a couple...

Attachments

• bm1.jpg
    bm1.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 363
  • bm2.jpg
    bm2.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 364
  • bm3.jpg
    bm3.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 347
  • bm4.jpg
    bm4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 354
  • bm5.jpg
    bm5.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 528

Noah

Copying my response from the staging thread so it's all in one place here...

A big thanks to everyone on the "easy" run today! Kelvin and I had a great time. Everyone was patient with my flailing on the big hill and another thanks to Tim for the guidance. Here are some of the pics I got:

Tim taking a picture of me taking a picture of Tim taking...
DSC_0157_small.jpg

Ricardo just after the first real switchback:
DSC_0159_small.jpg

Brandon following me up the same switchback:
DSC_0160_small.jpg

On the trail:
DSC_0169_small.jpg

The view from the lake:
DSC_0175_small.jpg

The mine on the way back:
DSC_0184_small.jpg

Again, a big thanks to everyone!

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
Easy Run Report

:D A special thanks to Rising Sun and our ride leader Tim for a wonderful experience. We had a real good time and met some good people.

Here are the vehicles from today's run.

Here are the participants.
trail-runners.jpg

A unique perspective from the hillside overlooking the parking area and the lake.
trail-end.jpg

Though it looks like Tim was the only one picking up, everyone lent a hand.
picking-up.jpg

Here is my truck and Brandon in action, sorry Noah - the cameraman went on break too early.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Now looky who has gone to a meeting and an event and can now become a member :D In fact anyone who was at the Rally or one of the two runs and comes to a meeting qualifies.

See you at the September meeting with your application:hill:

timmbuck2

RS Club TLCA Delegate
Cruise Moab Committee

BPMOU

Now looky who has gone to a meeting and an event and can now become a member :D In fact anyone who was at the Rally or one of the two runs and comes to a meeting qualifies.

See you at the September meeting with your application:hill:

I know, it took me long enough. Hopefully my wife will have the baby in the next couple of weeks, doctor is monitoring certain things and seriously considering induction if they continue. Hopefully I'll see you guys in September.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I know, it took me long enough. Hopefully my wife will have the baby in the next couple of weeks, doctor is monitoring certain things and seriously considering induction if they continue. Hopefully I'll see you guys in September.

Good luck to you are you wife! My thoughts and prayers will be with you for a smooth and perfect birth! :thumb:

RicardoJM

Hard Core 4+
New Member Vote

Having exceeded the new member attendance requirements in just a couple of weeks, I'm not understaning why it took Subzali so long to become a member. Is the new member vote that stringent?

I only ask because having initally posted the trip report in the wrong section of the forum:eek: , I a bit worried that I may not measure up to the standard of the desired Rising Sun member. Should I be worried about the faux pa counting too heavily against me in the membership vote at the next meeting?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Having exceeded the new member attendance requirements in just a couple of weeks, I'm not understaning why it took Subzali so long to become a member. Is the new member vote that stringent?

I only ask because having initally posted the trip report in the wrong section of the forum:eek: , I a bit worried that I may not measure up to the standard of the desired Rising Sun member. Should I be worried about the faux pa counting too heavily against me in the membership vote at the next meeting?

It depends on how much beer money you bring to the meeting. ;)

corsair23

Hard Core 4+

Oh man you are doomed, DOOMED I tell 'ya :eek:

Kidding aside, once you get voted in and gain access to the member's only forum all your fears should be put to rest and the "issues" surrounding Subzali and membership should become quite clear :hill:

There is a thread around here somewhere where some members have offered up what it means to become a part of the "club", what the expectations are, etc. I think Matt Farr explained it well in one meeting and on-line in which he stated that the "requirements" to join are as much for existing members to get to know you as they are for you to get to know us and the club. That way, you aren't joining a club of people you've never met but rather hopefully joining a club full of what you consider friends. :)

I've been on the forum for over a year, attended meetings starting ealier this year, went to CM07 and the BOWAGW run, but didn't become a full member until the August meeting. I guess like parts I buy, I had to age like a fine wine on the shelf for awhile :thumb:.

BPMOU

Good luck to you are you wife! My thoughts and prayers will be with you for a smooth and perfect birth! :thumb:

Thanks a ton, went to the doc yesterday, doc says she'll deliver within two weeks, either on her own or induced. Thanks for prayers.

wesintl

RS Moderator
Good to hear things are going smooth for you.

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Thanks a ton, went to the doc yesterday, doc says she'll deliver within two weeks, either on her own or induced. Thanks for prayers.

Schedule it around the meeting and don't forget the beer money.:beer: