• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Bill moore lake 8-14-21

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey all,

We are heading to make a run up the Bill Moore lake trail near Empire, on Saturday the 14th of August. You are invited to join us. Plan is morning trail run with lunch at the lake. This is a annual tradition for @Yarn Runner and I to run BM this time of the year (got engaged on this trail, first date trail I took her on when we met, one of the first trails we did with Rising Sun, ect) and since we missed out on some other club members recently running this as well as the post rally BM run, we thought we should just do it again!
Meet up at trail head parking area (gps39.77248, -105.68381) @ 930 am. Roll out @ 10am
Lunch @ lunchtime
Gmrs 22
And this will be our 80s first BM trip also!

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Count me in!

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Any fish in the lake? Might be a fun afternoon if you want another truck along?

best,

todd

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Any fish in the lake? Might be a fun afternoon if you want another truck along?

best,

todd
Not sure about how good the fishing is there but there is only one way to find out!

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Headed up there from Denver. Any place we can meet in Empire at a recognizable meeting place, as I have never run the trail and can’t find a map with trailhead on it?

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Interested, might be bringing 2 Jeeps along with if that's ok?....

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Interested, might be bringing 2 Jeeps along with if that's ok?....
Fo shizzle! I operate with a "run what you brung" policy, even with jeeps😉

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Headed up there from Denver. Any place we can meet in Empire at a recognizable meeting place, as I have never run the trail and can’t find a map with trailhead on it?
I will check for a meeting spot in town, might be the coffee shop as you roll into town, the turn for the trailhead is shortly after

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Update: trying to paste links but prob will show up as technological illiteracy

Bill Moore Lake
Parking in Empire might be difficult to meet up in town but if needed, we can meet at the Mountain Xpress coffee company in town (google says temporarily closed) around 9 to help guide anyone in. @Fisher67 let me know

Turn right on Main st in Empire and follow it up to reach the trailhead. Please be respectful of the neighborhood we drive through when you turn off 40. This turn is abrupt and the road is in bad shape

Wife, dog and I will be in the blue taco

Last edited:

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

Bill Moore Lake
Parking in Empire might be difficult to meet up in town but if needed, we can meet at the Mountain Xpress coffee company in town (google says temporarily closed) around 9 to help guide anyone in. @Fisher67 let me know

Turn right on Main st in Empire and follow it up to reach the trailhead. Please be respectful of the neighborhood we drive through when you turn off 40. This turn is abrupt and the road is in bad shape

We'll meet you guys at the trailhead at 9:30. Unless we see you sooner. In which case, we shall RACE to the trailhead (abiding speed limits and neighborhood concerns, of course).

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
See you at 9:30!

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member

Bill Moore Lake

My son and I will be at mountain express at 9:15 in a grey 100 with ARB bumpers. Look forward to a fun trail!

Notyourmomslx450

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
How did the lake go?