Bill Moore Lake 09/30/06

With some friends from out of town, we got a VERY late start on our Bill Moore adventure. Sorry to miss you Ric and Drew. We never actually made it to the Lake (we ran out of time). Some ATVers told us that there were lots of trucks down there. They also said that there was quite a bit of snow on the shelf road. It was a perfect day for wheeling: sunshine and the turning aspens. My friend was driving a stock Pathfinder so we took some of the bypasses, which, by the way, were very interesting in themselves. One of my friends had an HD camera took a movie, so when he processes that, it should be interesting to see. Here are some pictures.

the Other Matt

Attachments

• img_0011_scaled.jpg
    img_0011_scaled.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 295
  • img_0014_scaled.jpg
    img_0014_scaled.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 296
  • img_0017_scaled.jpg
    img_0017_scaled.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,089
  • img_0024_scaled.jpg
    img_0024_scaled.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 286

wesintl

RS Moderator
Beautiful day to be out that's for sure. This is my favorite time of year. Leaves turning, snow on the peaks, Indian summer :D

Ric

Matt,
no biggie, maybe next time... we made it it to the lake, and yes it was a little scary, going down the hill with the snow, but we made it fine.

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
What a great day! Stacy and I had a blast, however, I haven't been able to get the pics off her camera as I don't have the right card reader thingy. I will post up when I get them.:eek:

I really enjoyed this trail, lots of scenery, some really fun spots to play on, and enough fear factor to get my heart pumping (read snow/packed solid) on the decent of the shelf road. :eek:

The lake was a bit anticlimatic, more of a pond than a lake, but it was a super day and the remaining colors were spectacular! :thumb:

Ric, had a great time, Matt so sorry we missed you man!