Bill Burke vehicle recovery and Hi-Lift training November 5 & 6 2022 Grand Junction, CO

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Ann and I are in my health permitting. We love learning from Bill! Please add us to the list if space is available for non-newbies.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
hey everybody
I am working on getting details about cost per person to all y'all soon.
have you made your stay arrangements yet? I haven't yet but better soon!:hill:

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
UPDATE

As of currently, we have 16 for the recovery class and that puts us at $125 per person. Please have $125 in cash we can collect for ready for group payment Saturday morning at the beginning of class.

Bill has a schedule conflict and he will not be present, Chris Nelson and Bill Tillery will be handling the class. Not much different as previous classes have had both of these gentlemen co-instructing with Bill.

Meet 0830 Sat/Sun - 5-6 Nov. 2022 -at the Masonic Center rear parking lot. 2400 Consistory Ct, GJ 81501
They may have a coffee machine set up. Be ready for the day with lunch, snacks, water etc. Proper footwear and clothing. Have vehicles ready for the field and bring equipment you would normally go out with. Also, camp chairs for the outdoor field portion is helpful. During field exercises, we will want to reduce the amount of vehicles, so carpooling is recommended at that time. Therefore, if you would rather drive a more economical vehicle to GJ, please do so.

Bill says we can use his firepit and firewood if we want too.

Last edited:

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Carpool you say? LongCruiser on the Beach.jpg

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Update
We are getting close to this so I wanted to touch base. We still have some availability if anyone is interested in joining us. Currently we have 14 people and the class cost per individual will be $145 each. Please bring cash ready for group payment first thing Saturday morning. Further cancellations beyond this point will still require full payment via PayPal to maintain fairness to the others in the class.

@DomOfTheDead
@J1000
@FireMike
@Burt88
@Inukshuk
@MonPetiteShoe + sara
@fyffer
@baileyfj40
@MeanGreenT4R
@Mendocino + Ann
@SaintAgatha @DanS (maybe)
@njarrett
@r.swany (maybe)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

fyffer

Rising Sun Member
Sorry, but for many reasons I am not going t be able to make it. Regardless of how much a wanted too.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Sorry, but for many reasons I am not going t be able to make it. Regardless of how much a wanted too.
Bummer, but understandable. Mike - I'm real sorry you can't make it. Hope all is ok.

I'm thinking since we are two weeks out, we should all pay Dom now so he is not left hanging for cancellations and no one here is surprised by a price increase. Life happens and anyone may have to cancel for good reason. I'm definitely not picking on Mike since I know he really wanted to attend. I'm happy to coordinate a PayPal as I have for Dom in the past. Just a thought.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Why I came here to post was to suggest you all post up what you want to learn. Chris Nelson and Bill Tillery can teach it all. Maybe there was something particular you had in mind. HiLifting, winching, how to select equipment and use it safely, recovery board use, recovery calculation, scene assessment, flowchart for a recovery - start to finish, etc.

HUGE congratulations to Chris Nelson for receiving the I4WDTA Master Trainer Certification last week and to Bill Tillery for receiving I4WDTA Trainer Certification last week.

Last edited:

baileyfj40

Rising Sun Member
I'm looking forward to this. No paypal account. Can I pay cash?

Mendocino

RS Chapter Eternal
Gone But
Not Forgotten
Why I came here to post was to suggest you all post up what you want to learn. Chris Nelson and Bill Tillery can teach it all. Maybe there was something particular you had in mind. HiLifting, winching, how to select equipment and use it safely, recovery board use, recovery calculation, scene assessment, flowchart for a recovery - start to finish, etc.

HUGE congratulations to Chris Nelson for receiving the I4WDTA Master Trainer Certification last week and to Bill Tillery for receiving I4WDTA Trainer Certification last week.
Chris and Bill are exceptionally talented and will provide a great learning experience!

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee