Best Cruise Moab Ever

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to think the entire Committee for the best event ever. I especially want to call out Jolene Kucera and Karie Farr for all they put into it and spending their birthdays with us.

I know there are a lot of headaches and I saw Matt Farr jump in whenever an issue came up to getting the trailer towed to camp, helping find a mechanic for a broken truck and even filling in as a Trail leader when someone canceled at the last minute. Well Done Matt!

Rylan was an awesome MC. Sign him up for a long term contract :)

Dan Kucera helped make sure everything ran smoothly using much of his time on operations rather than having fun

I apologize to those I didn't mention by name, everyone on the Committee did a great job.

Last edited:

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I wanted to think the entire Committee for the best event ever. I especially want to call out Jolene Kucera and Karie Farr for all they put into it and spending their birthdays with us.

I know there are a lot of headaches and I saw Matt Farr jump in whenever an issue came up to getting the trailer towed to camp, helping find a mechanic for a broken truck and even filling in as a Trail leader when someone canceled at the last minute. Well Done Matt!

Rylan was an awesome MC. Sign him up for a long term contract :)

Dan Kucera helped make sure everything ran smoothly using mush of his time on operations rather than having fun

I apologize to those I didn't mention by name, everyone on the Committee did a great job.
We had a pretty kick ass team this year, and all the attendees were awesome! Here is to 25 more!

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member
Agreed and shout out to Lisa Jordan who was working very hard Saturday evening!

dehru

Wincher
I also wanted to mention the effort put in months/weeks before regarding the tech work behind the sign up and trail selection process. As a newbie, I thought that experience was really high quality. And a few people that ran trails with me mentioned they had easily got called from waitlist or switched runs while at the event.

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
No argument here, the 25th was amazing!

The main thing I'm feeling today is pride in this amazing club and community of ours. From the committee to the members on hand I was in near constant amazement at what I saw from a teamwork and comradery standpoint. It's a true honor to be a part of something where folks put forth so much individual effort for the enjoyment of others.

Thanks to each and every one of you who brought great attitudes and sufficiently sorted junk to make it what it was!

Thank you, thank you, thank you !!

JadeRunner

Rising Sun Member
The committee indeed did a great job with the event. It's lot of work and we all really appreciate it!

Another big thanks for Matt and Karie Farr for all their work and for Matt for reaching out to convince me to go. I had a great time laughing with everyone and see seeing many many old school club member from way back.. Had some serious camp fire fun with Perry, Nakman, Marco, Ralston, Martin the Prosise bothers and others one night. When I left Perry was sound asleep in the camp chair. We went back to get Markiofsky but he was asleep.

Go a leaking rear axle seal the first day and broke a front skid plat mount the 2nd. But, i didn't let that stop me. Enjoyed gunning for Jackson. He has some stellar communication and guidance for people on the trail. He has a saying about mechanical preservation or summiting. and we all got off the Where eagles dare trail on time for the dinner. It was kind of funny. Whenever I got to an obstacle where everyone was getting spotted thru. Everyone had already scattered back to their rigs. So no pictures or videos of me. Ha. Granted they knew I didn't use a spotter and wouldn't have issues. Same thing happened while gunning the Moab rim which was fine - it kept us moving. It was pretty much, pick my own line, engage 2nd case, lock up everything and execute. I'm never getting bigger tires - ha.. I was a participant for the first time in a long while on Flat Iron Mesa and I enjoyed that quite a bit. Sabrina and her husband led and they were great..