Best body panels - which one

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
School me on aftermarket body panels.. from my searches I haven't found anything wrong with most of them, anyone in the club have firsthand knowledge of any of these? Looking at both rear quarter panels, real sill.. 77. Frontrunners are...

Aqualu aluminin from Aqualu or Cruisersolutions.. $232 per pair or $229 per pair, respectively. But the Aqualu web site shows diamond plate.. even though it says smooth? :confused: don't see a sill price on either.

Real Steel Cruiser Parts in TX.. $136 per side (272 per pair) for the quarters, $325 for rear sill.

Canada Cruisers. $135/side ($270/pair) and $165 for rear sill kit.

Rzeppa method. cost-wise probably break even, since I'd have to buy some more tools.. but then I would get to buy tools. But no, I hardly have time for this, nor do I want to give up the garage for the rest of the winter.. oh yeah and I can't weld... :rolleyes: prolly not going to happen.

Having our favorite body guys do the heavy work sounds like the best option, and :canada: has my vote right now for parts mainly because of the lower sill cost, and that it's broken down so probably easier (cheaper) to ship down here, plus steel is easier to incorporate (welding-wise) with the exsiting tub, right? :beer: all aluminum would be awesome but not quite within the scope of budget here... :blah: :eek:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
You can buy the panels from fellow club member Ron at Rockymtn cruisers. Thats where I was planing on getting mine. I was going to go with the steele.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
I've heard great things about the premium Heritage sheet metal parts, they are being sold by IronPig, SOR, TLC4x4, and Profitts. A bit more pricey, but it's supposed to be a perfect fit.

Keep records of what the job total$. I'm planning on the same repairs next year and your experience will be extremely helpful.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Ok, the Heritage stuff from IPOR is $369 per side.. x2 = $738. Rear sill is $255, so $993? that's half way to a complete aluminum tub.. I'll check out RMC tonight, thanks!

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
nakman said:
Ok, the Heritage stuff from IPOR is $369 per side.. x2 = $738. Rear sill is $255, so $993? that's half way to a complete aluminum tub.. I'll check out RMC tonight, thanks!

It costs, but the real steel will only help your cruiser increase in value. Seems like aluminum would be a pain with all the ground issues and trying to make paint stick.

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
nakman said:

Call Lance and tell him you're a Rising Sun guy. He may cut you a deal.