Berthoud Pass skiing/boarding

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Anyone up for a trip to Berthoud Pass on Saturday (12/22)? The powder should be deep enough to keep rock damage to a minimum. We can do a Cruiser lift shuttle then maybe hit a food/beverage stop on the way back in Empire or Idaho Springs.

IanB

I'm in, what time? :cool:

BYOB! (bring your own beacon!) :thumb:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Can't make it this weekend, but we should plan the Eldora loop that you and I were talking about Bruce! :thumb:

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Winter Park is reporting a 40" mid mountain depth and more likely on Friday. Berthoud should be in nice shape. Anyone else interested?

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Hmmm... might have to go to plan B. Two people makes for a poor shuttle arangement. How about some light backcountry skiing up at Caribou?

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
I might be able to break the shackles afterall. I am trying to keep from working Monday (being that we're trying to leave Sunday, it would be very good if I didn't work Monday, eh?). But depending on how it goes at Ball tomorrow, it's possible that Saturday will be open anyway. Keep the thread updated with where you guys end up going, might be my buddy Steve and me if the timing works out. Ian, it's the Steve from Rocky Mountain NP.

IanB

I might be able to break the shackles afterall. I am trying to keep from working Monday (being that we're trying to leave Sunday, it would be very good if I didn't work Monday, eh?). But depending on how it goes at Ball tomorrow, it's possible that Saturday will be open anyway. Keep the thread updated with where you guys end up going, might be my buddy Steve and me if the timing works out. Ian, it's the Steve from Rocky Mountain NP.

Steves a good guy, I hope he can make it.

I can run without a shuttle too. Go all the way up and do No Name or something then just hitch back to the car. I have some insanely phat new powder boards I want to try out.

IanB

Hidden Valley in RMNP might be fun too, don't know how much base they have though.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Did they set you up Ian?

IanB

A guy at Green Mountain that is a friend of a friend agreed to do it while I wait this morning. Just need skins and I am ready.

These things are HUGE! (on the right, the middle ski is 92 mm underfoot :eek: )

Attachments

• IMGP0479.small.JPG
    IMGP0479.small.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 161

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
A guy at Green Mountain that is a friend of a friend agreed to do it while I wait this morning. Just need skins and I am ready.

These things are HUGE! (on the right, the middle ski is 92 mm underfoot :eek: )

Wow, that thing looks like a mono-ski! :eek::cool:

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Seems kinda narrow for both feet to be on it perpendicular....don't ya think?

If you set it up with plate bindings like a race board, you might be able to squeeze two feet on it :)