• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Bent tubing noseguards

IanB

We are going to bend up some noseguards next week, 3 of us so far, if you are interested. We are going for the MetalTech look with DOM and HREW tubing. Just bring your own tubing and some beer. Date and time is TBD but it will probably be Wednesday or Thursday.

The idea is to bend one up and figure it out, then crank out as many as we need.

IanB

I should add that we have the measurments and angles for a 40, but we can probably make one for any rig with enough beer :D

As always feel free to swing by for any tube bending, we just did another cage tonight.

Magoo

awesome
were gonna have to get together this winter and bend some tube for my rig.
how did the cage you guys just bent up come out?
shawn

IanB

The bends came out pretty well, Jim wanted one that resembled Mace's cage on 1h8mud. He took everything home to weld it up and I am sure he will be posting on mud soon.

Magoo said:
hey just so i know.
how much footage of pipe did he need to buy?

at first i bought 2 20' sticks of hrew and had them cut to 10' length(i have no idea how to transport 20' sticks)
then after talking with ian, i went and bought one more stick for my main hoop behind the seats.
i had the steel co. cut it at 14' with a 6' stick left over for a side to side spreader.
all in all at this point i bought 60' of 2"x.120 hrew at $44. per 20'
that will get me the rear of my cage started
i'm figuring prolly two more sticks to finish the front.

thanx alot for your time and bender ian
again, have a safe trip to elwood ;)

IanB

Zach went with 60' of HREW and has a 20' stick still here with his cage almost done. He had a-pillars from metaltech though. It looks like 60' will do a decent cage.

I am doing a full "family" cage with lots of bracing tied to the frame, I have 80' of DOM here.

Magoo

thanx guys
i got a A pilliar bar and 2 spreaders,basically a front cage, but i want it all 120 dom.so i will just get 60'.might leave me some for noseguard,never know.

IanB

Byos

Thursday night 10/27, BYOS (bring your own steel) if you are interested. PM me for address/phone #.