bearing puller needed

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+
Does anybody have a bearing puller suitable for pulling transmission shaft bearings? The Toyota PN is 09950-20014 but it is no longer available. It has to have two arms with a long reach (at least 8.5 inches I'm guessing) and it probably has to have some good strength since these are press-in bearings. Now, if anybody has one, would you be willing to lend it out (or sell it cheap if you don't anticipate needing it again)? I need to rebuild my H42 in the 40.

Air Randy

Hard Core 4+
I may have something like that. Come down and take a look if you want.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Does anybody have a bearing puller suitable for pulling transmission shaft bearings? The Toyota PN is 09950-20014 but it is no longer available. It has to have two arms with a long reach (at least 8.5 inches I'm guessing) and it probably has to have some good strength since these are press-in bearings. Now, if anybody has one, would you be willing to lend it out (or sell it cheap if you don't anticipate needing it again)? I need to rebuild my H42 in the 40.

I've still got Marco's puller. If it'll do an H55f, it'll do an H42, right?

I REALLY need to tear down that H55f and get it back to him.

Dan

Old40Dog

Rising Sun Member

:D Just put an H55 in it....you won't be disappointed!:wrench:

rover67

Rising Sun Member
I bet one of the ones I made for the H55 would work like dan says.

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+

nattybumppo

Hard Core 4+
I bet one of the ones I made for the H55 would work like dan says.

Thanks, Marco. I asked Dan to check the reach. I bet it will work too. Seems like the output shaft on the 55 is longer, if anything. So can I use it if I can pry it from Dan's fingers?

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Thanks, Marco. I asked Dan to check the reach. I bet it will work too. Seems like the output shaft on the 55 is longer, if anything. So can I use it if I can pry it from Dan's fingers?

absolutely!

there are quite a few pieces to the whole puller kit so just keep it all together even if you just need to borrow one part. hopefully that'll keep stuff from going missing.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
absolutely!

there are quite a few pieces to the whole puller kit so just keep it all together even if you just need to borrow one part. hopefully that'll keep stuff from going missing.

Will do for sure. In fact, my suggestion is that we have a transmission party, because lord knows I haven't gotten off my butt to simply swap that input shaft yet, so that I can get the whole shebang back to you. ;)

Dan

absolutely!

Hey guys, new to the forum but I'm a regular over on iH8Mud. I'm at that point... You know, that point where everyone gets stuck on the H42 rebuild where you have to pull that bearing. Rebuilding my 1976 FJ40 - a frame off I guess (can't seem to stop taking things off).

I saw that you guys have a puller floating around and that you might be lettin' your Tennessee cousins borrow it? Or even pay to borrow it?

I'm either going to have to build my own, or get really lucky and borrow one that someone has.

Please let me know.

Here's my H42 rebuild thread documentation for future suckers like me: http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/758634-h42-transmission-rebuild-76-fj40-2.html

Vae

Nate

Wincher
Resurrecting this post....

I know it has been years since this was relevant, but anything like this tool still floating around? Short of that any trans shops you would recommend for the H41/42 work?

I have the rebuild kit but can't get the bearings out.