Battery Cables

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
I'm wiring up my project FJ40 and am unsure where the battery cables go. The positive red cable goes from the "+" side of the battery to the starter, right? I'm running a later model gear-reduction starter. Looks like one ground strap bolts to the frame and connects to the "-" side of the battery. Where does the other ground strap go? From the frame to the body tub? Body tub to engine?

Any help would be appreciated.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I'm wiring up my project FJ40 and am unsure where the battery cables go. The positive red cable goes from the "+" side of the battery to the starter, right? I'm running a later model gear-reduction starter. Looks like one ground strap bolts to the frame and connects to the "-" side of the battery. Where does the other ground strap go? From the frame to the body tub? Body tub to engine?

Any help would be appreciated.

Firewall to engine.

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
It's good to ground the frame to the body, the motor to the body and the frame, I use 1/0 welding cable (very fine strand) for the high current paths and 2AWG for the body-engine. Grounding is good. I have a crimper you can borrow for the 1/0 if you want.

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Kevin!