• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Barbour Fork Father's Day Run 2021

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
It was a fun run yesterday, no breakage no one hurt and just some difficulty at one spot. I kept my Barbour Fork tradition alive by leading us down (up) a wrong fork and ran out of trail, so we all had to turn around and get back to the proper turn. When I drove past it it just looked like a camp ground spur but was actually where we supposed to turn. Fortunately it wasn't too big of a deal.

We started out with 8 rigs, a 40, a 45, a 3rd gen runner, a 5th gen runner, an 80 a 100, a 200 (LX570) and an FJC. A ways up the trail we were slow an a couple other rigs got stuck behind us, and then a 100 that was late in our group brang up the rear.

Fireman Mike was my gunner and did a great job communicating what was going on with the rest of the group.

We had lunch at the meadow near the end of the trail, where some (turns out not wild, but they were loose) horses were hanging out.

Photos to follow:

Airing down at the parking lot
DSC_65802000.jpg

Rzeppa

Rising Sun Member
That's all I got. My camera malfunctioned when we were going downhill and slid off the seat and hit the floor hard. More pictures please?