• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Argentine Pass - June 25th! Official Club Run

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Hey all more details to come, but want to get this one out there and on your calendars early. This is our annual, official, bona fide official club run to our adopted trail of Argentine Pass. @FireMike our Land Use Coordinator has already inked the deal with the Clear Creek Ranger District, so they'll be rolling with us for at least part of the day, and may have a special task for us as well beyond the usual trail survey activities we normally do.

If you can make a weekend of it, plan on camping Friday night before, and/or Saturday night after. Last year we had a pretty nice campout on Friday would be cool if that could grow to be more of a thing... like last year we'll meet at the trailhead parking lot just below the start of Leavenworth Creek... I can post up more details on that later and will update this post, for now all you need to know is that we're going, and we're going on this date. Open to everyone.

edit: see this post for the meetup time and place https://risingsun4x4club.org/xf/thr...th-official-club-run.32386/page-3#post-388980

Last edited:

krispykritter

Rock Stacker
I'm in barring some sort of disaster between now and then.

Regarding the camping - how accessible is the area we'd be camping in? AKA is it likely I can haul in my offroad camping trailer? I should be able to camp Friday and/or Saturday.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
Me and Harry are probably in again. Great time last year even with the less than optimal weather.

amping - how accessible is the area we'd be camping in? AKA is it likely I can haul in my offroad camping trailer? I should be able to camp Friday and/or Satur
There are some decent rocks right at the beginning of the trail before the corner and camp areas, but if it is an "off road" trailer, then it can probably make it. Depending on where we camp the spots can be a little tight, but likely doable.

krispykritter

Rock Stacker
There are some decent rocks right at the beginning of the trail before the corner and camp areas, but if it is an "off road" trailer, then it can probably make it. Depending on where we camp the spots can be a little tight, but likely doable.

Not made for rock crawling but can do it, very slowly.

Think this'll be okay to get to the camping area?

20201120_074044.jpg

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
Count us in!

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Well it seems I now have a wedding on the 25th. But current thought/plan is to come up Friday night and camp out then tag along Saturday morning for a bit before bugging out to make the wedding....

:beer::beer:

joltman

Rising Sun Member
As of now, we're in! We'll see about camping.

MonPetiteShoe

Cruise Moab Committee
Cruise Moab Committee
Sara and I are in. Probably camp Friday /Saturday.
Thanks for setting this up Tim and Mike.

Fisher67

Rising Sun Member
Happy to join this trip again. Hopefully,
Weather will be nicer this year and I will be able to camp the night before.

FireMike

Rising Sun Member
Looking forward to this event this year, let me know if you need anything with prep Tim.

Burt88

Trail Ready
I'm in on this one. I'll need a day off by then.

Cruiserman

Wincher
I'm in. Been up that trail only as far as the old mines. Can't wait to go to the pass!