Argentine Pass 6/7/20

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
@Jameson and I, along with some co-workers in a Taco, headed up Argentine yesterday - absolutely perfect weather and awesome views. Drifts were still blocking the trail above the Waldorf Mine, and I wasn't in a mood to try to bust through, so we just stopped at the mine and had lunch. This gave us the opportunity to watch countless J*epers run up and down the mine tailings, which was super disappointing. @Jameson stopped and talked to a bunch of them about leaving the tailings alone, due to their toxic nature - some listened and turned around, while others ignored the advice and continued up. Seems like a barricade or at least a sign (which everyone will probably shoot at) might help curtail some of this stuff in the future... possible future club project? ;)

Ran in to @rightlane80 as he was heading down the trail in his 80. We also met some nice guys in 4Runners (a 4th gen and 5th gen) - gave them some info on RS in the hopes that they might join us for a run in the future. The fuel pump on my 100 died just as we were getting back into Golden - I'm lucky it died there and not on the trail! Overall, a good day was had by all!

1ynyE06.jpg

G5dbEzV.jpg

My2IlXp.jpg

Crash

Rising Sun Member
Thanks for the report. Thinking of heading up that way later this week.