• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Anyone with a Baofeng UV-5R?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Anyone have a spreadsheet that I can import into a UV-5R with all the local repeaters around Colorado? I see no reason to build on myself if someone else already has.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
If you use Chirp you can pull in repeaters from Repeaterbook I think. Pretty sure the existing files floating around are for Yaesu radios mostly and I think they probably have errors in them now due to PL tone changes that have occurred.

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
If you use Chirp you can pull in repeaters from Repeaterbook I think. Pretty sure the existing files floating around are for Yaesu radios mostly and I think they probably have errors in them now due to PL tone changes that have occurred.
Yeah. I was trying to save myself the time if someone already had a spreadsheet built. I have Chirp and a cable, just being lazy and not wanting to reinvent the wheel. I'll post mine after I get it done so others can use it if it fits their need.

TacoDane

Rising Sun Member
Yeah. I was trying to save myself the time if someone already had a spreadsheet built. I have Chirp and a cable, just being lazy and not wanting to reinvent the wheel. I'll post mine after I get it done so others can use it if it fits their need.
Hey, did you wind up finding or creating? I just bought UV-5G and it's already mostly programmed. But need to program my BF-F9s

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Hey, did you wind up finding or creating? I just bought UV-5G and it's already mostly programmed. But need to program my BF-F9s
I ended up just using Chirp. I had to find an old Windows laptop as they dont have a Mac version that supports M1 processors. I can program it for you if you want.

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
FYI, Chirp can work on Apple Silicon and Monterey. The issue is Apple dropped support for Python 2. You could install it manually and Chirp will work.

Oh_shift

Rising Sun Member
Anyone have a spreadsheet that I can import into a UV-5R with all the local repeaters around Colorado? I see no reason to build on myself if someone else already has.
I hope you didn't work on your list too hard...

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I hope you didn't work on your list too hard...
Not hard at all. I realized that Chirp could just do the work for me.