• RS MAY CLUB MEETING
    Hi Guest: Our monthly RS meeting on Wed. May 1st will be held at the Rooney Sports Complex. Details and directions are here. Early start time: 7:00 pm. to take advantage of daylight. We'll be talking ColoYota Expo and Cruise Moab.
    If you are eligible for club membership, please fill out an application in advance of the meeting and bring it with you.

Anyone here with a 100 have Tough Dog Shocks?

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
Curious if anyone with RS has the TD shocks on their LC.

I have the foam cells, rear adjustable shocks and the front 53mm "Ralph" tubes. I went with the larger shock due to recommendations that having a winch bumper and winch could use the extra dampening. I really like the shocks but am wondering if due to my light of a bumper and winch combination the 46mm tubes would have been a better match.

I spoke with a guy on 'Mud who has the 46mm fronts and he said he felt they were perfect for when he only had his blueberry bumper installed but wanted to upgrade to the 54mm's after he put a 12k winch into it. We actually were talking about a swap but they are just too far away.

My LC has a lighter bumper than the Slee, and an M8000 vs the 12k setup. The combination is that I'm 120+ lbs lighter in the front than this other guy.

I'm curious if anyone here has the 46mm and would be open to testing out the others' shocks. If its an improvement in both directions for I would consider a straight swap.

Shuksan

Rising Sun Member
I sent you a PM on Mud already. Larger could work better for me potentially since I got an arb saraha and a 12K winch since I originally put my 46 mm fronts on. Would also be interested in getting your opinion on the adjustable rears.