Anyone here who can perform/recommend where to get a rear bumper kit welded?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I am thinking about ordering the Coastal Rear bumper for my 80, and could use some assistance with getting it welded together. Anyone here have a reccomendation?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
I'd love to learn.

bassguyry

Commander + Cruise Moab Chairman
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
I have a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. Let's get medieval on your bumper... :D

In all seriousness, paging @DomOfTheDead - he welded his own bumpers (and sliders, IIRC), and they look fantastic. He'd probably be a great resource as well.

Danger Noodle

Trail Ready
I'd love to learn.

I'd be happy to help out. Dom is also a really good resource. What options were you wanting to do for the bumper?

RiNoFAB

New-ish
I'm a welder / fabricator based out of the RiNo district / Five Points in Denver. I'm working a between here and Collier getting some traction on a new startup that's focused specifically on the off-road and custom equipment for the 80 series, however can do side work such as what you're asking even if it's not on an 80. Bumpers, rock sliders, center consoles, roof racks and more. Send a DM if you haven't found someone to weld up your kit yet, I'd be happy to.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Bumper ordered, completely forgot about Envision. Talking to Travis now.

DomOfTheDead

Event Coordinator
Cruise Moab Committee
I will gladly show anyone how to do basic MIG welding, however, I am only self-taught and fundamentally an art welder. I fully recommend the Envision fab guys for a quality finished product unless learning to weld is your primary goal. If so, also consider General Air, they offer small classes that are reasonably priced and can give you exposure to different machines.