• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

Anyone besides me like 3D printing parts?

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Ive got a few random parts that I have printed throughout the years for myself and others. Anyone else find something fun to print and use?

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Yeah man, I still get parts made from time to time... not so much as I used to when it was my full time job. But heck, in a lot of ways being able to print parts is what enabled me to start my business, so it'll always play a role even though I do more sheet metal than anything right now.

Inukshuk

Rising Sun Member

rover67

Rising Sun Member
We use additive mfg for all kinds of stuff in all kinds of material (Ti, all kinds of plastics) for implants, prototypes, fixtures, tooling, fast molds for simple parts, etc. we have several printers at work and also we have a printer at home and use it a lot. Daughter knows what can be printed and often suggests it. Doll needs a new foot the dog chewed off… “can we print a new foot?” “Sure Mila”.

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Get her going in Solid Works :) she can create her own foot.

stusic

Land Use Coordinator
They now have "maker" licenses for Solidworks that drops the price down to $100 I think.