Any video gurus out there?

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Wondering if anyone can help me out with this:

We have a machine were I work that has a built-in DV camera that feeds a signal to a video-in card on a PC. The camera is connected to the card via a BNC cable with an RCA adapter. I am trying to capture video from this onto either another PC or another DV cam with record capability. I've tried running the BNC/RCA from the camera directly into a break-out box, then into the second PC via S-video, Firewire and RCA but the signal isn't making it. I also tried running from the line-out on the video card of the host computer into the break out box, but that didn't work either.

I'm wondering if there is another method I could try. :confused:

thanks, hope someone has ideas.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Not any help really but I assume you have the needed software on the PC you are trying to capture the video to?

Which gives me a segway into this that I forgot to post last week :(

The CompUSA by Southwest Plaza is closing. They had Adobe Premier Elements 3.0 on closeout. Last Friday it was 30% off the $99.99 MSRP bringing it down to $69.99. Not bad, but in ADDITION to that Adobe is offering a $30 mail in rebate. So, net price will be $39.99 (+ tax). :thumb:

I picked it up in hopes of being able to post some footage/action from CM07.

MDH33

Hard Core 4+
Yeah, I have video capture software on the laptop I connected to it, also I tried connecting another DV recorder to capture directly to tape, but no dice. Seems like the DV camera signal isn't being recognized... :(

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Do you have firewire output on the DV camera? That's how I feed to my computers. Never heard of feeding to an RCA input.

I have a Dazzle Hollywood DV Bridge, if you want to borrow it.