RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee

satchel

Rising Sun Member

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Never heard of the company.

But they just doing it by building it as a part 103 compliant ultralight—which doesn’t require a license. It is also very limiting in where you can fly, how fast it can go, etc….

The biggest worry I’d have about it in your case is a 254lb empty weight airplane is going to be REALLY hard pressed to carry a medium sized adult, and then you throw in the Density Altitude we have here and you’d realistically have a cold morning, calm wind toy to go south along the flatlands towards Albuquerque. Nothing wrong with that, but just know that thing isn’t going to be a viable “backcountry” airplane in the mountains of CO for anyone weighing more than about 130lbs.

Dan

lars

RS Moderator
Staff member
Never heard of the company.

But they just doing it by building it as a part 103 compliant ultralight—which doesn’t require a license. It is also very limiting in where you can fly, how fast it can go, etc….

The biggest worry I’d have about it in your case is a 254lb empty weight airplane is going to be REALLY hard pressed to carry a medium sized adult, and then you throw in the Density Altitude we have here and you’d realistically have a cold morning, calm wind toy to go south along the flatlands towards Albuquerque. Nothing wrong with that, but just know that thing isn’t going to be a viable “backcountry” airplane in the mountains of CO for anyone weighing more than about 130lbs.

Dan
Very well said. It would be to play with though.

DanS

Rising Sun Member
Very well said. It would be to play with though.
It would be super fun to bang around the pattern in, for sure.

And I’m not sure how the electric option (someday) would do with density altitude. I imagine it would be much, much less effected, since the engine won’t be effected, and I’m guessing the lower air density doesn’t change the Vso by more than a knot or two.

Dan

cbmontgo

Hard Core 4+
It would be super fun to bang around the pattern in, for sure.

And I’m not sure how the electric option (someday) would do with density altitude. I imagine it would be much, much less effected, since the engine won’t be effected, and I’m guessing the lower air density doesn’t change the Vso by more than a knot or two.

Dan
Yeah, seems like most of those LSAs are sea-level toys, sadly. I'd love one up here.