advice on trailer to haul bikes and other stuff

CardinalFJ60

Rising Sun Member
I'll now need a trailer to pull the KTM 400EXC and Honda CR70 (and maybe one more) to the trail or track. I've checked CL, trailers range from the scary-looking home-built jobbers to the $8k enclosed trailers.

for ease of registering, I was thinking getting a new utility trailer and add some bike mounts.

questions:

1. New? is that overkill? (I'm doing the 'title chase' on the bike now to plate it, I'm not sure I want to do that with a trailer, too.)
2. size? 10ft? how wide?
3. what else should I look for in new or used? primary use would hauling bikes, but would be nice to haul mulch and other junk.
4. rock guard on front?
5. screw it and save up for an enclosed trailer?

What say ye?

thanks!

baja1d

Hard Core 4+
5x8 flat bed with a ramp and 3 removable bike shoes served me well for many, many years. Small & held 3 bikes- two forward one in backwards. I'd highly recommend full size tires too. Those twelve inchers are squirrely & expensive

Beater

Hard Core 4+
my 4x8 HF unit with removable chocks and sides has served me well for many, many years.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
5x8 flat bed with a ramp and 3 removable bike shoes served me well for many, many years. Small & held 3 bikes- two forward one in backwards. I'd highly recommend full size tires too. Those twelve inchers are squirrely & expensive

Agree with Travis. I would find a good used one in the $600-$800 range. New, they are nearly twice that. I had a 5x10 and used it for everything. Often wished it was a little smaller. You really just need something that can fit a 4x8 sheet of drywall or plywood when you want...and the 15" rims make all the difference, in my opinion. I miss my trailer nearly every week...it was stolen a few years ago.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Anyone ever seen or have experience with a Lock-N-Load setup? http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/RISK-RACING-LOCKNLOAD

X001-Y001.jpg

I am needing to upgrade my hitch carrier, and ran into this tonight- tempted to try it..

and is Motosport.com the same company as Rockymountainatv? The interface just looks too similar to be different companies..

Last edited: