Adrenaline Junkies...

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
I'm all for fun, challenging, heart stopping, etc. type outings :)

But when the margin for error determines live or death then count me out :hill:. One thing to skin up a leg or arm, maybe even break something. Entirely another thing to plummet off a cliff to your certain demise :eek:.

Maybe it only "looks" dangerous :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Adrenaline 1.jpg
    Adrenaline 1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Adrenaline 2.jpg
    Adrenaline 2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Adrenaline 3.jpg
    Adrenaline 3.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Adrenaline 4.jpg
    Adrenaline 4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:

IanB

Looks like fun, where is that? It would make for a sweet BASE jump.

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
Looks like fun, where is that? It would make for a sweet BASE jump.

Are those backpacks or 'chutes' they're wearing? Aside from landing in some frigid water if I had a chute strapped to my back then you might find me doing something like that :bowdown:

Although I bet it would be suggested that a person actually have some parachuting experience first right :hill:

wesintl

RS Moderator
I figured one was hans rey...

Red_Chili

Hard Core 4+
:eek:
May I be excused?
I just soiled myself.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
why are they wearing helmets?

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
why are they wearing helmets?

My wife asks the same thing about child seats on airplanes. "What's the point? If the plane crashes, the seat isn't going to save them."

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
:eek: That just gives me the willies. :rolleyes:

I couldn't help myself so I looked it up. Those pictures make it look much taller than it really is. The highest point is 230M. So roughly 700 feet. To me, the photos look like it miles above the ocean. I still wouldn't do it at 700 feet. I'm scared of heights. Just standing on the edge looking over Hwy 191 in Moab freaks me out. That is why I drove Moab Rim at night. You can't see the edge. I will say coming down was weird. The moon reflecting off the river. It must have been bad because my passenger walked down.

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+
I couldn't help myself so I looked it up. Those pictures make it look much taller than it really is. The highest point is 230M. So roughly 700 feet. To me, the photos look like it miles above the ocean. I still wouldn't do it at 700 feet. I'm scared of heights. Just standing on the edge looking over Hwy 191 in Moab freaks me out. That is why I drove Moab Rim at night. You can't see the edge. I will say coming down was weird. The moon reflecting off the river. It must have been bad because my passenger walked down.

I'm with you on the hight thing! Fall further than 80feet and your dead so 700 vrs miles really doesn't matter!