A442F kickdown cable replacement

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
All parts are in! I ordered the cable from Dubai on Saturday, arrived at my front door Tuesday about noon. The shift valve solenoids ordered from Florida the same Saturday as the cable, didn’t arrive until today (Thursday). I picked up some red FIPG from Stevenson today, so the only thing left is the ATF.

Hopefully the weather will be nice this weekend. Looking forward to this....

kurtnkegger

Rising Sun Member
I opened up the transmission belly pan today to take care of my broken cable....The cable was all I replaced. Ends up, every video I saw about this transmission included the solenoid valves. Even looking at my vehicle on the partsouq website listed these valves as being there in my tranny.
Turns out, my transmission is completely hydraulic without the solenoid valves. Hopefully I’ll be able to return them. The filter/strainer I took a gamble on was wrong too, so I’ll be trying to pass that along to someone else that needs it.
Not all was a bust, as the cable was a good fit, the old cable was broken in two, so that’s fixed, and she’s back on the road. Initial cable setting feels pretty good, I may have some minor adjustments still to make.