• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

A two year post Open Heart Surgery celebratory outing

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Last week work was kind enough to let me switch a work day around- giving me three days off.

So, I set out to do some photography and well, celebrate my two year anniversary post Open Heart Surgery ( man time fly's!). My Dad told me about Kebler Pass and how awesome the Aspens are down there. So I packed up the 4runner and headed out. I left Thursday morning, getting to Crested Butte via Kenosha, Cottonwood and Taylor Reservoir (pretty sure I spotted one or two Enterprise rental cars)- the drive from Taylor into Crested Butte is most fantastic.

Kebler Pass is a easy dirt/sometimes paved road, but the Aspens, oh the Aspens are wonderful. Seemed like myself and the rest of Colorado were out enjoying the fall colors. I parked myself at Lost Lake for two nights ( slept 13hrs on Thursday). Enjoyed a nice hike to Dollar Lake on Friday.

A most enjoyable outing and feel a bit more at peace with the surgery.

Full set of images can be seen on the blog: www.wanderinthewest.org

Some of my favorite images

2.jpg

Lost Lake and views from camp. I need a kayak.
3.jpg

Morning reflections.
12.jpg

14.jpg

A most enjoyable mid morning hike.
16.jpg

:)
23.jpg

Love.
29.jpg

Morning light, McClure Pass.
38.jpg

:beer::beer:

DanTheMan

Rising Sun Member
Great photos Perry, as always. I need a kayak as well!

AimCOTaco

Cruise Moab Committee
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Congrats man, so awesome!

MountainGoat

Club Treasurer
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
A most enjoyable outing and feel a bit more at peace with the surgery.

Open heart surgery is pretty rough on the mind and body as well as the spirit. Glad to hear that you are feeling better about it. I feel ya bro.

:perry:

Hulk

RS Webmaster
Staff member
Cruise Moab Committee
Wow, @bh4rnnr, those are some of your best photos ever. Just beautiful. :cheers:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
Wow! Amazing photos!

Thanks!!

Nice! Congratulations my friend!

Thanks buddy!

Great photos Perry, as always. I need a kayak as well!

Thanks Dan! I'm a bit intrigued with the blow up ones....

Congrats man, so awesome!

Thanks Andy!

Open heart surgery is pretty rough on the mind and body as well as the spirit. Glad to hear that you are feeling better about it. I feel ya bro.

:perry:

Can't tell you how good it felt to read this. Something that has definitely ben present since the surgery. 🥰

Wow, @bh4rnnr, those are some of your best photos ever. Just beautiful. :cheers:

Thanks buddy for the kind words!!

:beer::beer:

Last edited:

FJCDan

Rising Sun Member
X’s 2 on a kayak, I had a chance to buy a Coleman canoe for 25 bucks this summer. Got home told my wife and she said go get it I went back and someone got it 5 min earlier. Boneheaded move to not get It right then. Those things are $5-$ 600 on Craig’s list.

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member
Great photos, Perry! And congrats on your health, post surgery!