• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

A quick escape down to Proffitt's last week

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
After 50 days of not working and being stuck in my apartment/downtown I had enough. So, with the OK from Jeremiah ( had to make sure I wasn't showing any symptoms, wore my mask and practiced social distancing) I headed down to Delta for a few days last week to relax as well as get some pics of the crew working away in the shop. Boy was it a needed trip! When I planned this outing, I was still unemployed and waiting for unemployment to get processed. But a few days before leaving, work called me back and they were fine with this little outing before starting. I drove down Sunday over McClure Pass- probably one of my favorite paved passes in Colorado before spending a few nights at the shop. It was great to hang out with everyone and fun to see some of the projects there working on- crazy to see a 100 series Land Cruiser getting a stage two restoration.

Full set of pics on my blog:

www.wanderinthewest.org

Exploring a side road near the top of McClure Pass. Looking southwest towards Marble.
2.jpg

3.jpg

In the shop. Randy working on the braking system of this body off restoration FJ40.
15.jpg

Stage two restoration for a 100 series Land Cruiser. Slee front bumper.
23.jpg

This FJ40 is getting a full patina finish.
7.jpg

Always fun to have the shop to yourself:).
5.jpg

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr

Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant