• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

A note on "Ridies" Seat Covers

AlpineAccess

Hard Core 4+
I ordered a material sample from these guys a few weeks ago. A piece of white printer paper with two 1"x1" samples glued on arrived, and I compared it to my seats. Really close match and the material looked solid. Their website does a nice job of spelling out the options as well. I then provided my phone number in order to add a set of seat covers to my shopping cart on their website (a requirement it looks like). After seeing the final price I decided I wanted to think about it a bit more and have since decided to rock my stock covers until they actually give out. Their hanging in there and dropping another $600 to cover them isn't necessary until its necessary.

Their sales guy is a super persistent fellow, FYI. He has called two to three times a week since, and left me what looks to be a total of 6 separate voicemails in addition to numerous follow up emails. He calls while I'm on meetings for work so hadn't been able to catch him, and when I get around to calling him back I don't remember to or its too late in the day. I finally caught him today between work calls and let him know I'd just like to make my own decision on it - he got less friendly and hung up but that's fine, I wasn't exactly exuding being happy about him calling me so much.

But - hey, if you're looking for seat covers, these ridies guys are really looking to sell you a set.

HDavis

Hard Core 4+
I ordered a material sample from these guys a few weeks ago. A piece of white printer paper with two 1"x1" samples glued on arrived, and I compared it to my seats. Really close match and the material looked solid. Their website does a nice job of spelling out the options as well. I then provided my phone number in order to add a set of seat covers to my shopping cart on their website (a requirement it looks like). After seeing the final price I decided I wanted to think about it a bit more and have since decided to rock my stock covers until they actually give out. Their hanging in there and dropping another $600 to cover them isn't necessary until its necessary.

Their sales guy is a super persistent fellow, FYI. He has called two to three times a week since, and left me what looks to be a total of 6 separate voicemails in addition to numerous follow up emails. He calls while I'm on meetings for work so hadn't been able to catch him, and when I get around to calling him back I don't remember to or its too late in the day. I finally caught him today between work calls and let him know I'd just like to make my own decision on it - he got less friendly and hung up but that's fine, I wasn't exactly exuding being happy about him calling me so much.

But - hey, if you're looking for seat covers, these ridies guys are really looking to sell you a set.
I went with the L-Seat version and am happy with the product for the price. I also didn't hear a word from them from the moment I placed my order to the day they arrived at my door. Now that I think about it, I don't even know if I received an order confirmation email.