• Jack-it Night: April 2024 RS Meeting Hey Guest: Wed. April 3rd is the next Rising Sun meeting, and you won't want to miss it. We're doing our annual offroad recovery equipment demonstration and trail skills training aka "Jack It Night." Meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. (early) Click here for all the details.

'85 PU wiring Diagram Help

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Does anyone have the factory wiring diagram for an '85 2WD PU? Specifically the radio wiring. I'm trying to upgrade the stereo in my wife's truck and am having trouble. I got the later Toyota radio to power on, but no output to the speakers. I thought the right speaker was a pair of light green and light green with a red stripe. I suppose the new radio might not be working.

TIA

bvb

Call me tomorrow at the office I do have the EWD's there! I'll be out the rest of the week!

Shark Bait

Rising Sun Member
Thanks Bill. I got a diagram from someone on IH8MUD. Is there any way to test the speaker wire output? I put a DC Volt meter on all the pairs but couldn't get much of a reading. There's a (dark green) G-R wire going into the plug I couldn't account for.

Chris

Attachments

• 85rad (Large).jpg
    85rad (Large).jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited: