804785bde2e7d389fdedcbeaa45a7387.jpg

b650c5bb981dc5a4ca05d450d8931556.jpg

e14e9e3ba75e4b3438995176a892cb35.jpg

wesintl

RS Moderator
awesome!

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Marco, your 40 and your family are so awesome! Does Mila have a special seating arrangement?

Thanks we're so happy :)

She doesn't yet.. we just strapped her in the jump seat to get her delivered a few houses down in our neighborhood so she could be watched for a while during Al's inaugural ride/drive.

I have a good permanent and safe rear facing mid truck solution I am working on that isn't finished yet..

Rezarf

Hard Core 4+
It's hard for me to believe that's the same truck that took up space in your garage in Boulder. Marco, you should contact a few magazines and enter a few car shows before getting it dirty. Bravo.

OilHammer

Hard Core 4+
NICE! Congrats all the way around!
You could sell some Eddie Bauer with a few of those pics

PhatFJ

Hard Core 4+
Marco, WOW, dude I am sooo proud of you. Watching you take this apart and put it back together with meticulous precision, care and attention to detail has truly been an experiance and a seeming labor of love on your part. Congratulations my friend! I hope you and your family enjoy this beauty for many years!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Blindranger

Hard Core 4+
What an epic transformation; seriously amazing restoration work!

SteveH

Hard Core 4+
Awesome resto job. Get it well-insured.

subzali

Hard Core 4+
I deliberated and read for hours on the subject.... Gel Coat, marine paint, automotive paint..

I had a good epoxy layer down everywhere (no raw fiberglass) that I was able to sand down to. I picked out all the old seam sealer from the gutters and sprayed a 2k primer/surfacer on the bare metal. I replaced the seam seal all around and primed the whole top with the 2k Primer/Surfacer which is supposedly good on top of epoxy (and seam seal of course). More sanding and then Color and a high quality PPG Deltron DC3000 Clear coat.

I was leaning toward gel coat, but it drys out and chalks and needs to be buffed or re-sanded and/or applied. It takes maintenance to stay looking nice. I don't need the durability of the gel (it's not getting walked on or have stuff thrown on it) So I began to research the various boat coatings that were more like a paint. There are lots of paint like products out there that apparently work really well and have good UV resistance, but I couldn't find one that I could get the right color mixed in (not many allow mixing colorant at all actually).

Soooo...... Base coat clear coat it was. I went with a nice clear to hopefully mitigate and UV issues and get a good lasting finish. The primer is supposed to be good for use over epoxy and seemed to go down well and stick very well.

Anti-climactic I know..

Bump for @LARGEONE ...

LARGEONE

Rising Sun Member