Wanted 80 series Bushing Press Tool

Looking to find and/or buy something? Add this prefix to your thread.

80 Life

Wincher
I hope someone lets you borrow theirs, but I thought I’d add info about what’s available out their for 80 Series bushing press tools.

Slee sells a bushing press tool for axle side bushings on the 80 Series Land Cruiser radius arms for just $25 made of aluminum.

I also know the guy that was making the full 4 piece kit for Wit’s End just did a 2.0 version and is selling it on his site now, but $228 is a lot of money although it’s now case hardened steel with slightly different dimensions so they no longer get stuck like they used to with the old clearances.

satchel

Rising Sun Member
I don't loan them out to people I don't know, but if you want to come to my garage with your arms I have the press and tool set from wits end needed to knock them out.

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
I’m not in the 80 world, but folks on Mud have been saying the Trail Tailor bushing press tools work great. FWIW 🤷‍♂️

coloryan

Brand New
@80 Life & @Cruisertrash, thanks for the tip. I was thinking of getting the Trail Tailor tool but the price is a bit steep. Good tools come at a price though.

@satchel, thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it. If nothing else to get to know some of you good folks. I've been a lurker for awhile, not very vocal so I def understand only loaning to people you know.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
That trail tailor kit looks really nice and is not a bad price FWIW. I used the Wit's end ones and they seemed a bit too soft of a material and small of a diameter for the job. They kept tilting and wore badly on the edges to the point that I had to chuck them up in a lathe and clean them up to make them usable again.

IoN6

Rising Sun Member
Oof, no way I would pay for that kind of surface finish.

I have a WE set that has done my rig, and I believe two others, collecting dust in my toolbox. How's $80 sound?

Cruisertrash

Rising Sun Member
The WE tools were made by Trail Tailor. He’s since revised them. There’s a big mud thread about it.

rover67

Rising Sun Member
Oh nice, I didn't know that. ANyhow cool they're hardened to some degree now and maybe adjusted sizes.

floating_lc

Lifted
I just took my arms and bushings to a local mechanic in boulder and had them do it for me for tens of dollars. Definitely worth not having the hassle

Burt88

Trail Ready
I used the Slee press tool for my camber bushings and haven't had any issues using the generic universal kit to accomplish all my other bushings. Autozone lends them out for a refundable deposit but you'll need the standard and supplementary kits to find the right diameters.

I'll never buy anything else from Trail Tailor after the quality issues with everything else.

coloryan

Brand New
I'll never buy anything else from Trail Tailor after the quality issues with everything else.
Oh really? I was thinking of eventually getting their Cruisin Skid Plate. Have there been issues with those since TT acquired em?

Burt88

Trail Ready
Oh really? I was thinking of eventually getting their Cruisin Skid Plate. Have there been issues with those since TT acquired em?
I'll just say everything I've gotten is B grade at best. Use your best judgement.