Found 80 series alternator

rockymtn60

Rock Stacker
Hi all
Does anyone have lying around or a lead on a alternator for a late model 80 series
Mine gave up the ghost over the weekend and a set of brushs didn’t do the trick.
So before I wait for usps to lose a replacement I figured I’d look locally

Have a set of brushes I’d like to use hence looking for a used one

Thanks!

Last edited:

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Get yours rebuilt:

rockymtn60

Rock Stacker
Damon thanks for that gave him a call, good dude will end up bringing this one to him. Still looking for an alternator though as his lead times are a little out there (means he does good work)

damon

Vice Commander
Cruise Moab Committee
Damon thanks for that gave him a call, good dude will end up bringing this one to him. Still looking for an alternator though as his lead times are a little out there (means he does good work)
Doug is probably the best guy in town. He says busy for sure.

floating_lc

Lifted
Ive got an oem alternator in the box i never opened. i was debating on putting it in (to replace my advanced auto parts garbage before it fails). It's for a '94 fzj80, not sure if thats late enough for you but..if you want to grab it for what i paid, its yours

Coyote

I have one I could ship you — but it sounds like you don’t trust USPS —- I’m way up in the NW part of the state.

floating_lc

Lifted
Coyote thanks
It’s not so much as I don’t have trust as they drag and have been taking awhile, wanted a solution for the weekend

Thanks to floating_lc
Got the alternator in, truck is back in business!
Woo! Awesome! and great to meet you! Hopefully the trek wasn't too bad to get it