80 series airbag tech...

subzali

Hard Core 4+
So I noticed on my dad's truck on the sunvisor is says the air bag is supposed to be serviced when the truck turns 10 years old and then every 2 years thereafter...any of you guys do that? Ain't it 'spensive? :eek:

Romer

RS Moderator
Staff member
Nope.

I don't know of anyone who has done it, doesn't mean someone hasn't. It was discussed on Mud a while back and came up with the same answer.

treerootCO

Rising Sun Member
I found the airbag sensor under the dash directly in front of the shifter. I decided it wasn't a good idea to mess with it.

We have a big red button in the labs here and under it is a sign stating how important it is not to press the big red button....God I want to push that button...

subzali

Hard Core 4+
We have a big red button in the labs here and under it is a sign stating how important it is not to press the big red button....God I want to push that button...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Uncle Ben

Hard Core 4+

Matt......you haven't yet checked the airbag!!!!!!!!!! :eek: It could save you life if it works but thats not important to you? Quick....don't delay....run jumper wires from the leads directly to a 12v source NOW! Thats the only test to be absolutely sure it still works! :eek: :cool:

subzali

Hard Core 4+
Ha. Ha. Ha.

Thud.

:tongue2: :banghead: :doh:

DaveInDenver

Rising Sun Ham Guru
We have a big red button in the labs here and under it is a sign stating how important it is not to press the big red button..

Now listen cadet, I've got a job for you. See this button? DON'T TOUCH IT! It's the History Eraser Button, you fool.

So what'll happen?

That's just it! We don't know. Maybe something bad...maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?

Oh, how long can trusty Cadet Stimpy hold out? How can he possibly resist the diabolical urge to push the button that could erase his very existence? Will his tortured mind give in to it's uncontrollable desires?

Can he withstand the temptation to push the button, that even now, beckons him ever closer? Will he succumb to the maddening urge to eradicate history, at the mere push of a single button?

The beautiful shiny button.

The jolly candy-like button.

Will he hold out, folks? Can he hold out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhzvCyhkg8c

Last edited:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I see this turning into the mysterious blue knob thread..

60wag

Rising Sun Member
Do 80s have a blue knob? I thought only 60s had them.

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
I got a blue something.. :eek:

nakman

Club Secretary
Staff member
Burrn!

where's that Kelso icon..

Attachments

• kelso.jpg
    kelso.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 116

corsair23

Hard Core 4+
This thread reminds me...

I need to change out my AC filter this weekend :)